Exclusive teaser trailer!!!

Started by Darkoo, Mar 12, 2012, 09:41:30 AM

Author
Exclusive teaser trailer!!! (Read 96,060 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: icedog97 on Mar 13, 2012, 02:35:32 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 13, 2012, 02:07:37 PM
There were creatures in Pandorum... he just hallucinated some of them at the end.

At least, that's how I saw it.

The creatures were mutated crew members...which is why they ultimately did not look like creatures...as some might have expected.

Oh, that's what you meant. I thought you meant it was all in his head.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Eva on Mar 13, 2012, 02:10:05 PM
Quote from: JKS1 on Mar 13, 2012, 01:02:14 PM
Giger, Giger,giger,giger............why didnt Ridley and co let him create something fantastic and truly startling from that fecund imagination of his ?!

Now, this is just me speculating...

...but if Prometheus ends up featuring less, pure 'Giger'sqe' creations than people would expect, in a production with his name attached to it, it could simply be that old man Giger has no creative desire to re-invent himself/the designs he made for Alien.

To add, he (and Ridley) would be the first people to know that there's no way to re-capture the revolutionary designs they did +30 years ago, so why try? It could end up backfiring on the film if they proposed to the audience, that this film will feature groundbreaking new alien designs, comparable to the original Alien... it could backfire horribly and a man of
Gigers sensebilities would never allow that to happen as I see it.

Restraint is an often overlooked virtue of the design disciplines. So often have I revisited stuff I've done for various projects, where I realized that the design was too 'obvious'... craving too much attention to itself and not the bigger picture and ideas.

Not saying this is the scenario for Prometheus or dismissing your comment in any way - I have no idea whatsoever how much Giger contributed to Prometheus. I'm just very happy that he was involved in the first place. :)

I understand what youre saying, and no i'm not hoping at all for some re-invention or recapturing of the classic Xeno, or for Giger, Ridley and co to try and create something that 'trumps' that original iconic creation...no not at all.

What I am saying though is that Prometheus is clearly set in the same Universe as 'Alien', and in keeping with that whole mythology and 'world', creatures imagined/created/envisioned by Giger would be far more inkeeping with this 'world' and mythos.

icedog97

icedog97

Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 13, 2012, 02:43:17 PM
Quote from: icedog97 on Mar 13, 2012, 02:35:32 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 13, 2012, 02:07:37 PM
There were creatures in Pandorum... he just hallucinated some of them at the end.

At least, that's how I saw it.

The creatures were mutated crew members...which is why they ultimately did not look like creatures...as some might have expected.

Oh, that's what you meant. I thought you meant it was all in his head.

The lines are blurred there a little...especially in the end...between what's real and what's not.

I'd have to go back and watch it again to see for sure...but I am pretty sure Payton, Bower and the girl are real...along with some mutated humans.

mastermoon

mastermoon

Finaly an extented trailer, that was a long wait.

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

The Mohawk guy can be a android?

dallevalle

dallevalle

Looks amazing !!!!!!!!

Narcissus

Narcissus

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 13, 2012, 12:05:36 PM
I bet it's going to be turned into LV-426 through reverse terraforming.
I concur. This will be paradise lost! perhaps a parable for Adam and Eve and the taking of the apple (knowledge)?

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

Looks awesome!

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Narcissus on Mar 13, 2012, 04:18:41 PM
I concur. This will be paradise lost! perhaps a parable for Adam and Eve and the taking of the apple (knowledge)?

That's what I mentioned a while ago in this thread, too. An allegory to some esoteric knowledge once found but then lost and destroyed would be a very nice and fitting Alienesque touch to it too (after all Nostromo was destroyed and Alien exterminated even if he was considered most precious to WY).

ThisBethesdaSea

Please some one tell me how a person/thing jumping off of a ledge somehow becomes a cliche? Do we have context for what's going on in that scene? Do we know what's happening to the guy at all?

NO. WE. DON'T.

STOP.

:) ;) ;)

Narcissus

Narcissus

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 13, 2012, 04:35:57 PM
Quote from: Narcissus on Mar 13, 2012, 04:18:41 PM

That's what I mentioned a while ago in this thread, too. An allegory to some esoteric knowledge once found but then lost and destroyed would be a very nice and fitting Alienesque touch to it too (after all Nostromo was destroyed and Alien exterminated even if he was considered most precious to WY).
Yes, I was sure that this had been speculated as well. We know that man is at first welcomed in Paradise, shown some of the amazing technology--perhaps even warned. Ultimately, it is either Weyland's original intent to have the droid (David) programmed to steal a specimen (priority one) or perhaps it is one of the crew member's who steals thunder from the God's--thus harming any possible chance of co-existing peacefully. This was true even in a reversal of the story with "The Day the Earth Stood Still" where the Gods (a benevolent alien race) visit us instead and Mankind's first act is to distrust the visitor and shoot first and destroy any chance to receive a miracle which could cure sickness and end World famine. It should be a great story--but probably has been told in some form already.  Really looking forward to the release!

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Infected on Mar 12, 2012, 09:50:22 PM

it looks like his arms are growing out of his suit.

ThisBethesdaSea

The arms on that thing are soo long!

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Absolutely and the head is apparently growing too. If he's really changing it's definitely a fast transformation. But into what ?

Gash

Gash

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 13, 2012, 05:30:26 PM
Please some one tell me how a person/thing jumping off of a ledge somehow becomes a cliche? Do we have context for what's going on in that scene? Do we know what's happening to the guy at all?

NO. WE. DON'T.

STOP.

:) ;) ;)

Indeed. I'm not even sure of where all this talk of a mutant came from. One guy is shown jumping from the back of a vehicle and suddenly he's pronounced as being a super human 'Hills Have Eyes' mutant. Admittedly I haven't read any leaked scripts or spoilers but there's no basis for this assumption from anything seen in the trailers. The guy's lit from below, which is what makes his face look weird, other than that all that can really be said is that he's mad as hell.

People dismissing this film like they actually know what it's all about -  :(

And CGI. Of course it's got CGI, what modern sci-fi film wouldn't take advantage of CGI. It's how it's employed that matters, does anyone think that a sci-fi film would be all practical model shots and animatronics these days? It'll use the best of both with any luck. I've never seen a Ridley Scott film which was let down by visuals, Gladiator, Hannibal and Black Hawk Down all mix practical FX and CGI convincingly.

I can't personally use computer games as a reference point as I don't play them, but surely all these things are seeded from ALIEN anyway. Difficult for Ridley to try to look original and stay true to ALIENs design ethos after so many of the things in the genre he 'redefined' has been ripped off by everyone ever since.

Ok, if the Space Jockey (or whatever) looks as bad a the zombie vampires in I Am Legend then feel free to complain. Until then, nit picking the look of a spaceship, and assuming a lame mutant plot is.. well, seriously jumping the gun.

Still if you're happy ripping to shreds I'll let you get on with it, whilst I wait to see what the real film is all about. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed