Assassin's Creed III

Started by Gosutoraida, Feb 16, 2012, 02:40:55 PM

Author
Assassin's Creed III (Read 43,768 times)

Keg

Keg

The Kingdom in the first game seems so pointless, its like padding to the game. Once you get to the point in the game when you can skip to a location you never ever need to go back to the kindom unless you just enjoy the horseride, getting chased by endless people on the way.

m41guy

m41guy

I think it's only there for the start of the game and a place to hide more Templars/flags..

Gate

Gate

It made the game seem a lot bigger than it was too. A few missions woulda been awesome because I loved that huge Crusader camp you could sneak into and assassinate the Templar.

Keg

Keg

Jesus the fight with Robert De Sable was a bit of a sudden difficulty spike. There had been some tough fights before him, like the one with his decoy but damn that drove me up the f**king wall. Kinda ruined the moment because i had to cheapen the fight by running in circles to heal and then fight him again and then when i knocked him to the ground with a counter i just jumped on him and used my wrist blade for a quick kill. Absolute dogshit of a fight where at first it seems impossibly hard and then we you realise the easy way its pathetic.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Keg on Apr 16, 2012, 09:57:04 PM
Jesus the fight with Robert De Sable was a bit of a sudden difficulty spike. There had been some tough fights before him, like the one with his decoy but damn that drove me up the f**king wall. Kinda ruined the moment because i had to cheapen the fight by running in circles to heal and then fight him again and then when i knocked him to the ground with a counter i just jumped on him and used my wrist blade for a quick kill. Absolute dogshit of a fight where at first it seems impossibly hard and then we you realise the easy way its pathetic.

Just dodge everyone else and wait for him to strike then use hidden blade.

Keg

Keg

That whole last hour was terrible. Almost ruined the game for me. Fighting to get to Robert was brilliant at first and then when you reach him (after taking down what seems like hundreds of guys) theres a pretty awesome cutscene of you talking to the king and then it cuts to you having to piss about dodging and countering until Robert shows his face and then you kill him cheaply because if you try and make the fight last a bit longer or make it entertaining he just f**king owns you. Then its more of the same as you fight more waves of enemies on the way back to the Assassin's castle and then again its just more annoying waves of enemies and then a surprisngly easy final boss.

I very much doubt I will ever put myself through playing this game in its entirety ever again. I may dabble with some of the assassination's to see if I can pull them off a bit better but other than that, f**k that.

Right now it's time for Assassin's Creed II which I have been assured is much, much better.

m41guy

m41guy

I warned you  :laugh:  j/k.

Yeah I got so frustrated fighting his lackeys right before him, I think I only made it to Robert like 3 times out of 20 attempts..but killed him the that 3rd time.  I ranted about it as well that Altair is no warrior he's an assassin and doesn't really fight like one so all those soldiers at once kind of took me out of it.

ACII is much better...you will forget all about Altair right after you plug into the animus 2.0 ;)

Keg

Keg

Already have. My god I cant believe how much of an improvement it is over the first game. Feel stupid for swerving the AC games because of the first game all these years. It blows the first game out of the water in every way I can think of.

Gate

Gate

I'm the only one here who did all of AC1 with just the hidden and short blades wasn't I?

Vepariga

Vepariga

One thing all the AC games have in greatness is the soundtracks,seriously some epic scores.

Keg

Keg

My god just when I keep thinking AC II has no more surprises, it just keeps throwing more and more awesome shit at me, but it doesn't do it all at once. Ive been playing for about 6 hours and there's still more and more new shit that's making the game even more entertaining and engrossing. I'm only just starting sequence 4 and even though so much stuff has happened it feels like ive barely scratched the surface (both with the content of the game and the story itself).

Quick question by the way. Even though ive already started my playthrough will Sequence 12 and 13 be a part of my story as I play if I purchase them before I get to that point in the game. Obviously im talking about the two DLC sequences?

Valaquen

Valaquen

You've barely scratched the surface, Keg.

S'long as you purchase 'em before the end of the game, you'll be able to access them.

Keg

Keg

So as long as I have them installed before I get to that point in the game, I can play them as the story unfolds rather than after the main game? If so, sweet.

Oh and im absolutely loving those glyphs you find on certain buildings that you need to solve a puzzle to unlock their secrets. Well intrigued to see where this leads. So far ive found 7 of them.

Gate

Gate

Battle of Forli is shit, not worth the price. Bonfire of the Vanities however is awesome. If you hated ACI but loved the Assassination targets, Bonfire of the Vanities in a way is a rehash of many of those assassinations. No way are they the same but you definitely get the vibe from the situation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed