Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!)

Started by Cvalda, Feb 14, 2012, 10:33:29 AM

Author
Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!) (Read 57,989 times)

predxeno

So you mean that the new Alien Illustrated Story will be remastered, but the other books including the Manual won't?

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 18, 2012, 09:12:49 PM
So you mean that the new Alien Illustrated Story will be remastered, but the other books including the Manual won't?
That's the way it looks, yes. There's been no release stating that the other books will be enhanced in any way, so it's likely they're just straight re-issues.

predxeno

Hmm, I'd still be savign money though as I probably wouldn't have spent $40 on it if I knew a newer and cheaper version were coming out, but I'll think on it.  My version is rarer and harder to find and I got it at $10 off the regular price.

Xenomrph

I would like it if the Tech Manual got an update. Shit, if given the opportunity I'd jump at the chance to write that update. There's been new tech introduced in some of the video games, and some of the stuff name-dropped in the tech manual has been used in the games.

SiL

I prefer the original Alien: the Illustrated Story cover. The Nostromo tangled in vines creeping down from the title was neat as, bros.

Cvalda

Quote from: SiL on Feb 18, 2012, 10:11:08 PM
I prefer the original Alien: the Illustrated Story cover. The Nostromo tangled in vines creeping down from the title was neat as, bros.
I'm sure that artwork is preserved inside the book itself.

Rocky_Bear

an avp alien on the cover of colonial marines technical manual...
this is the only reason i won't buy this reissue

predxeno

Come on, don't let your hatred of AVP ruin this for you. :(

MrSpaceJockey

Ooo, here's my chance to get the ALIEN Illustrated Story.  I like both covers, but since I don't own the old one, I might as well look into getting this one!

Cvalda

Quote from: Rocky_Bear on Feb 19, 2012, 08:28:48 PM
an avp alien on the cover of colonial marines technical manual...
this is the only reason i won't buy this reissue
There's a slight chance the cover art may change. They'll for sure fix the hideous Photoshop job on the "ALIENS" logo.

Or at least they'd better.

Cvalda

Some updates on ALIEN: The Illustrated Story.

The paperback version is up for preorder on Amazon US & UK, and it is very affordable (currently $8.18!). The hardback "Artist's Edition" is another matter entirely: it is not up for order on Amazon US yet, but the UK site does have it, and its list price is £39.99! The difference in page count is: paperback -- 64 pages, hardback -- 72 pages. What's on those extra pages in the "Artist's Edition" I wonder? And considering the list price for the Limited Edition hardback version of PROMETHEUS: The Art of the Film is $74.99, I wonder what extra stuff will be included with that--if any?

predxeno

There's an "Artist's Edition"?  Wow.

Cvalda

Stumbled across the official Facebook page for The Illustrated Story:
https://www.facebook.com/AlienTIS

There's a gallery of original, uncolored artwork, and apparently they have "great news" coming very soon ;)

predxeno

How do you know it's the "official" facebook page for that book.  Normally I check the Info section of a facebook page to make sure if it's official or not and I don't see any links or bio that ties it to an official anything. :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed