Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!)

Started by Cvalda, Feb 14, 2012, 10:33:29 AM

Author
Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!) (Read 57,249 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Seeing as Fox is going to milk the PROMETHEUS cashcow for all it's worth, they are rereleasing some of the more notable, OOP publications associated with the ALIEN universe in May, in addition to the Art of Prometheus book in June. Here's a quick guide to what's being rereleased. I'll periodically update it as more info becomes available. If anyone finds anything, ie cover art and such, post it here!

The Book of Alien [Paperback]
Rerelease date: May 29, 2012
ISBN: 9781852864835
The behind-the-scenes story of the making of one of the most popular and influential science fiction films of all time. Including over 200 sketches, working photographs and interviews, the text provides an insight into the creative processes behind "Alien".

ALIEN: The Illustrated Story (Artist's Edition)
To be released in paperback and Limited Hardback Edition w/ slipcover
ISBN (paperback): 9781781161296
ISBN (Limited Edition): 9781781161302
Two of comics' greatest talents joined forces in 1979 to bring Ridley Scott's epic "Alien" motion picture to the comic book page. Out of print for over thirty years, this brand new edition (released in time to coincide with Scott's latest opus "Prometheus") has been meticulously restored from original artwork in Walt Simonson's studio - presenting for the very first time the definitive artist's edition of the greatest sci-fi horror ever produced.

ALIENS - Colonial Marines Technical Manual
ISBN: 9781781161319
The United States Colonial Marines. Ultimate troubleshooters equipped with state-of-the-art firepower, capable of power projection across the vast expanse of deep space. They can sharpshoot a man at a thousand meters or obliterate an entire world from the safety of orbit. They reckon they are unbeatable.

PROMETHEUS: The Art of the Film
To be released in regular hardback and Limited Hardback Edition w/ slipcover
Release date: June 12, 2012
ISBN (Regular): 9781781161098
ISBN (Limited Edition): 9781781161104 -- possibly cancelled
The most eagerly awaited film of 2012 - Ridley Scott returns to sci-fi for the first time since Blade Runner!
Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner) returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. Produced with the full co-operation of the filmmakers, this lavish book, showcasing stunning production design art and behind the scenes photos, will be the only tie-in publishing to this eagerly awaited film.

SiL

Now I can have an actual hardcopy of the illustrated story. Huzzah!

Xenomrph

is The Illustrated Story the one from Heavy Metal? I've actually got a first edition of that kicking around somewhere.

Cvalda

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 14, 2012, 06:14:13 PM
is The Illustrated Story the one from Heavy Metal? I've actually got a first edition of that kicking around somewhere.
Yes, it is. I actually just sold my first edition to make room for this "remastered" hardback edition :P

LarsVader

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 14, 2012, 07:31:22 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 14, 2012, 06:14:13 PM
Yes, it is. I actually just sold my first edition to make room for this "remastered" hardback edition :P
Hardback you say?
Mine is getting a little weak on the spine, but do I need a second one? Can I part with the original?

Cvalda

Quote from: LarsVader on Feb 14, 2012, 07:48:56 PM
Hardback you say?
Mine is getting a little weak on the spine, but do I need a second one? Can I part with the original?
Hardback with a slipcover!!! :P Apparently all the art has been remastered direct from the original artists. Or something. I'm sure it'll be cool ;)

Xenomrph

It'll depend on the price I suppose. Maybe someone will be nice enough to do up comparison shots between the two editions. If it's a significant improvement and it's not crazy-expensive, I'll probably do it. Otherwise, I'll deal with what I've got. :)

predxeno

Interesting, you should probably send this info to Corporal Hicks so he can post it in the News section?  Do you have a source or a link to Fox saying this in a press release?

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 14, 2012, 11:17:29 PM
Interesting, you should probably send this info to Corporal Hicks so he can post it in the News section?  Do you have a source or a link to Fox saying this in a press release?
All info is straight from Amazon.

predxeno

That explains why they lowered their Trade In value for Aliens Technical Manual from $50 to $38.

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 14, 2012, 11:39:18 PM
That explains why they lowered their Trade In value for Aliens Technical Manual from $50 to $38.
You might want to sell your copy now if you plan on getting the reissue, before resell prices plummet in a few months once everyone finds out the book will no longer be OOP :P

Corporal Hicks

Hmmm. I wonder if they'll be making any revisions, changing graphics, layouts and etc?

predxeno

Should I hold onto my Technical Manual for now and wait to see what comes up?  Btw Corporal Hicks, have you heard anything about these reissues on your end?

Cvalda

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2012, 07:36:06 PM
Hmmm. I wonder if they'll be making any revisions, changing graphics, layouts and etc?
Apparently, the art has all been restored direct from the artist's studio. Someone asked him about it on Facebook, but he said he couldn't talk about it yet as they were still working on it. I guess we'll find out soon enough how extensive the remastering is.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 15, 2012, 08:18:47 PM
Should I hold onto my Technical Manual for now and wait to see what comes up?  Btw Corporal Hicks, have you heard anything about these reissues on your end?

Not yet. I'll get doing the rounds soon enough with them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed