SCREENING OF PROMETHEUS!!!!

Started by BiggyMac04, Jan 19, 2012, 08:22:30 PM

Author
SCREENING OF PROMETHEUS!!!! (Read 51,974 times)

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Jan 19, 2012, 11:44:34 PM
Rated G... WHAT the hell...

Ridley did say he was making two cuts - the R version will probably be screened at evening showings (I hope - I'd be disappointed if I had to wait for the DVD release)

Never say no to Panda!

Jeah it will go from G to R  :laugh:

Time to avoid internet when this screening happened, those people that will download the screener will spoil my experience :D

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I wonder if they have a fake ending. If there is anything obviously Alien-related in the movie, there's no way they'd show it at an early screening.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

G...
It took me a while to think of what that ment
WHY IS IT G!

TWAK

TWAK

I'll go, it's almost a 2 hour drive. Live in Sacramento...
Just gotta find out how this exactly works

chupacabras acheronsis

to anyone who goes, try not to let the excitement get to you.

if you're going there, it's your duty. you are representing all of us, and it's up to you to make sure the movie is at it's best. when you watch the movie and your reaction is "that sucked ass" or "that was amazing", the only thing you should be thinking is "how can it be better? what should be done to improve it?" there's no "good enough".

ViperBlue

ViperBlue

I just hope that the good folk here at AVPG thoroughly use the spoiler codes throughout the news feed if there are any reports from the screening.

As much as I hate to admit it, the studio fat cats are ultimately interested in turning a profit and they do that by appealing to the masses, not the core group of fans. I don't like the sound of this  :(

ThisBethesdaSea

I think the G is a bit of a mistake....the trailer itself is at least a PG 13....so, someone somewhere got something wrong I'm guessing.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Walt Disney Presents... Prometheus! Rated G ;D

A Ridley Scott film, with a special surprise guest appearance from our friendly neighborhood buddy HR Giger! YAAAY!

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 19, 2012, 08:35:27 PM
Oh, no--this is a test screening.
Let us not forget what happened to ALIEN 3 after its first test screening... :-\

I think what people maybe should be concerned about here are the 'possible' implications of a test screening, especially if it happens in front of a lame (or should I say uneducated) film audience.  Looked what happened to The Thing Prequel, that test audience complained about the practical effects not being good enough, the studio buys it and ends up ruining the movie with too much CGI, when there was nothing wrong in the effects department to start with.  Ok so that was Universal you might say, but could this audience do the same damage to Prometheus, by bringing about a whole manor of unnecessary changes....you just never know?

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

So someone should go kick out the losers and bring in the expert movie watchers ?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Send in the Wolf.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

He's only going to clean it up...making it G-er than G with that funky blue liquid.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Wait, I'm confused.  Didn't the link show it as a Private Screening.  I assume that this will be invitation only.  I would humbly suggest no one go booking any flights at this point  ;D

icedog97

icedog97

Quote from: deuterium on Jan 20, 2012, 02:49:32 AM
Wait, I'm confused.  Didn't the link show it as a Private Screening.  I assume that this will be invitation only.  I would humbly suggest no one go booking any flights at this point  ;D

Looking at the site right now and Prometheus is not listed anywhere...perhaps it was a mistake?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed