What do you think is the best straight-up Predator novel?

Started by Bishop2, Aug 17, 2007, 06:54:23 AM

Author
What do you think is the best straight-up Predator novel? (Read 5,403 times)

Bishop2

Bishop2

Are any of them good?  Big Game?  Cold War?  Perhaps you even liked Forever Midnight?  I've never read any of them.  There's only four so far of course - or is it five?  I think it's five now? ... but anyway, I'm curious...

Corporal Hicks

Four. And I've only read(ish) 3 of them. I've read and loved both Concrete Jungle and Forever Midnight. I'm halfway through Cold War which blows badly.

Bishop2

I initially counted four - Concrete Jungle, Cold War, Big Game and Forever Midnight.  But then I thought... isn't "Flesh and Blood" out by now, too?

I'm wary of Concrete Jungle and Cold War because the concept of "Dutch's brother" is just a little too twee for me.

Bishop2

Apparently I was mistaken and "Flesh and Blood" comes out on September 12th.  So I guess that one is still on its way.  I wonder how it'll protray the Predators, and if it'll use the "Hish" or "Yautja" concepts or just make up something else.

Corporal Hicks

From what Greenberger said, I don't think they're using either. But apparently it involves them manipulating the Predators into doing something.

The Dutch's brother thing never bothered me in CJ - or CW for that matter. It's just CJ was just so interesting and well written - CW is not.

Haole08067

I vote big game all the way.  I could see that as an actual movie.  All new characters and new setting.  And predator vs. a native american(what tribe again?) was a pretty good match up.

The Ultimate Predator

Big Game - awesome novel, rubbish comic.

Huol

I prefer concrete jungle to cold war...

SPOILERS

It went back to the jungle that featured in the first movie, including the rebel base and the gigantic crater. Awesome book.

13thpred

Yeah concrete jungle is a good one

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed