I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ?

Started by hunterelf, Jan 02, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Author
I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ? (Read 40,521 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: The Runner on Jan 27, 2012, 05:16:58 PM
What qualities would a xeno out of me have

Sure wouldn't be punctuation.

The Thing from Another World

Personally i enjoy the movie because of the gore(besides all of the random baby killings, always found that werid) and the action but i see why most people hate this movie. i just cant come to like the 1st very much because of Paul Anderson whom i absoulty hate lol

AliceApocalypse

Last night I watched this again but had Closed Caption turned on, it was more fun this way.  Hard to explain, but I really liked the finale with Chet & Wolf with the captions on lol.

mastermoon

Quote from: The Thing from Another World on Jan 30, 2012, 08:59:42 PM
Personally i enjoy the movie because of the gore(besides all of the random baby killings, always found that werid) and the action but i see why most people hate this movie. i just cant come to like the 1st very much because of Paul Anderson whom i absoulty hate lol

AVPR had alot of badly timed gory scenes, what made it worse the movie was like a teen slasher. The solo Alien & Predator movies had well timed gore scenes and did not have too much gore for the sake of an R-Rating.

happypred

The movie was decently entertaining when I watched it in the theater mainly because I really hated AvP 2004.

AvP had left a bad taste in my mouth. The predators in that film had been stupidly nerfed (teenage novices with gentle puppy eyes, stolen shoulder cannons, random items of gear that dissolve?!)

OK...having three predators running around with shoulder cannons probably wouldn't be great for balance...but wristblades and nets that don't resist acid? Really? Way to contradict all the established lore.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, AvP-R reversed that with the alien throat-choking, xeno head-stomping Wolf. Obviously, as an unabashed predator fan, I prefer overpowered preds to underpowered preds.

Could AvP-R have been a whole lot better, could it have been a whole lot more balanced while still allowing a veteran predator to shine? Sure...but I like it much more than AvP 2004 because I'm biased.

Gorilla KoKo

The AVPR is...not so good , its too dark i can't see things =.=!
But the predator is good though

psychonaut25

Quote from: Gorilla KoKo on Feb 11, 2012, 03:09:37 AM
The AVPR is...not so good , its too dark i can't see things =.=!
But the predator is good though

Maybe it's better that it's dark. if we could see all , it would become the WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIMES !!

Celtic

I liked it

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Celtic on Feb 14, 2012, 01:22:29 AM
I liked it

YEAH.

AVPR fan circle is growing!

HybridNewborn

I quite enjoyed the film myself. Went with my wife opening night, and wanted to see it again before it left theaters. My wife was unimpressed, and I didn't get the chance to see it again. Got the unrated extended edition dvd on release and have watched it several times since. :)

predxeno

^I knew you were cool. 8)

psychonaut25

Prime113

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Feb 14, 2012, 07:40:30 AM
Quote from: Celtic on Feb 14, 2012, 01:22:29 AM
I liked it

YEAH.

AVPR fan circle is growing!

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Feb 14, 2012, 08:29:01 AM
I quite enjoyed the film myself. Went with my wife opening night, and wanted to see it again before it left theaters. My wife was unimpressed, and I didn't get the chance to see it again. Got the unrated extended edition dvd on release and have watched it several times since. :)
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 14, 2012, 07:23:20 PM
^I knew you were cool. 8)

*Group Hug*

mastermoon

Would anyone want to see Mystery Science Theater 3000 make fun of AVPR.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed