I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ?

Started by hunterelf, Jan 02, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Author
I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ? (Read 40,511 times)

Edvin

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 26, 2012, 03:23:59 AM
For what it's worth, I still see eggbarfing as entirely canon and not continuity-breaking.
this! :D

SpreadEagleBeagle

To even give AVP:R even an ounce of credit is beyond me...

mastermoon

I like the Wolf Predator and the Predator Home World but thats about it for AVP:R.

Edvin

and the whip, and chet, and the end fight.

DJ Pu$$yface

And the blonde girl.

Alienseseses

I'm writing my own AVP script now, but the only thing I'm keeping from AVP-R is the laser trap system Wolf used in the sewers.

psychonaut25

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 26, 2012, 10:09:05 PM
I'm writing my own AVP script now, but the only thing I'm keeping from AVP-R is the laser trap system Wolf used in the sewers.

Wolf and his gadgets were the ONLY things that were good in AVP:R. It's bad for Wolf that he appeared in such shitty movie. My version of next AVP would be a "prequel", so we can see , at least in some flashbacks , more Wolf action.

SM

SM

Quote from: The Runner on Jan 26, 2012, 04:50:58 AM
What about ones spawned off the waitress?

Advanced serving skills?

:laugh:

QuoteI have Avation Navigational skills,

If an Alien ever bursts outta you and gets near a plane, we are royally f**ked!!  :laugh:

psychonaut25

Quote from: SM on Jan 27, 2012, 02:28:38 PM
Quote from: The Runner on Jan 26, 2012, 04:50:58 AM
What about ones spawned off the waitress?

Advanced serving skills?

:laugh:

QuoteI have Avation Navigational skills,

If an Alien ever bursts outta you and gets near a plane, we are royally f**ked!!  :laugh:

Aliens on a plane ?? sounds trashy...

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Jan 26, 2012, 04:10:00 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jan 25, 2012, 07:24:22 PM
AVP:R has no redeeming qualities. Such a horribly executed excuse of a movie.

Yes it has lots of redeeming qualities.

1) Without AvP:R it can not be proven that standard Xenomorph Warriors can withstand more than one direct hit from a Plasma Caster.

2)Without AvP:R it can not be proven that the M16A2 is less effective than the Pulse Rifle.  Excluding the fact that the Pulse Rifle standard round is a 10mm explosive, the shell on impact only generates .88 the amount of energy a shell from a M16A2 generates.  Starship trooper, 40k, modern military fans that hate Aliens used too point this fact out as prof Aliens are pathetic and in turn the Colonial Marines,  they cant say that now because AvP:R shows that the M16A2 is barely effective against a Human based Warrior.

Pulse rifle shell 10x24mm

Muzzle velocity 840 m/s
Maximum range 2,100m
Maximum effective range 500m

M-16A2 shell 5.56x45mm

Muzzle velocity 948 m/s
maximum range 3,600m
Maximum effective range 550mm  point - 800 area

3)Without AvP:R in the movie mediums it can be speculated but not proven that Aliens gain the inherited skills and memories of the host.  The PredAlien Queen inherited Scars hunting instincts and skills.  It also points out that if a Alien comes from a host that was say a NAVY S.E.A.L., like possible Stalker, Warrior LV-1201, the danger level escalates exponentially high.  You would be better off fighting off an army of Xenomorphs than one Warrior that has come from someone with Special Force training and has also had a successful carrier in their field of expertise.

4)Without AvP:R it can not be proven that just because the Colonial Marines did NOT use image intensifiers that they lost the first fight against the Alien Warriors of LV-426.  A couple writers from Crackerd.com CLAIM that with Image intensifiers the Aliens would had been perfectly visible to the Colonial Marines, if this were true the Armys personnel in AvP:R would have easily defeated the Xenomorphs, this however didn't happen.

5)Without AvP:R it can not be dis-proven that Predators can hear and smell Xenomorphs.  Noland once said in Predators, which by the way is the worst movie in the whole saga, "That if I can smell you, if I can hear you, they can too".  Well we now know that Xenomorphs are stealthy enough that they can sneak around Yautja at point blank range and not be detected.

6)Without AvP:R we can not prove that the steel used in Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, is much much much stronger than what we use now days.  Things made out of steel in AvP:R Aliens ripped through them in seconds, example the hospital scene when Wolf is ambushed by a Human Alien Warrior and rammed through a Elevator door.

The door excluding the other materials in it, would contain 6 inches of Steel.

http://www.onlinemetals.com/steelguide.cfm

http://www.hkaconsulting.com/Pages/Elevator%20Car%20Sizes.html

...still no redeeming qualities.

The Runner

What qualities would a xeno out of me have

Scout

Quote from: The Runner on Jan 27, 2012, 05:16:58 PM
What qualities would a xeno out of me have

It would learn how to use a Xbox controller.

Requiem28

Obviously, the best thing about AVPR...

Gosutoraida

^ This! ;)

Aran

conclusion?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed