I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ?

Started by hunterelf, Jan 02, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Author
I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ? (Read 40,518 times)

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jan 21, 2012, 09:57:17 PM
Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Jan 21, 2012, 09:11:26 PM
I think out of all the movies in the saga that Alien is the weakest on next to Resurrection.  So I would have to say I like AvP:R alot more than Alien.  Alien was great the first time I saw it but it way to worn down and shows its age.

This is blasphemy....

Nah blasphemy would be saying that AvP:R is better than Alien 3.

Edvin

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Jan 21, 2012, 10:18:07 PM
I think out of all the movies in the saga that Alien is the weakest on next to Resurrection.  So I would have to say I like AvP:R alot more than Alien.  Alien was great the first time I saw it but it way to worn down and shows its age.

This is blasphemy....

Nah blasphemy would be saying that AvP:R is better than Alien 3.
AvP:R is way better than Alien 3.

chupacabras acheronsis

blasphemy is saying AvP:R is better than anything.

anything.

i suppose i don't need to lay out every single thing in it that was offendingly awful compared to all other movies, because i don't have the energy to do it.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Jan 21, 2012, 09:43:12 PMIts a reused sound effect that Disney was fond of using in movies about animals, usually it was a little furry animal like a badger. Ether way I have heard that sound to many times to consider it original.
How many Disney movies have you seen?

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 21, 2012, 09:32:43 PMIts kinda gross you like Lambert, she is very manish.
You said earlier that you liked the mechanics, who are very masculine men, but you find Lambert to be "kinda gross" because her short cropped hair makes her look "mannish"?

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 21, 2012, 10:41:19 PM
How many Disney movies have you seen?

Lots.

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 21, 2012, 09:32:43 PMYou said earlier that you liked the mechanics, who are very masculine men, but you find Lambert to be "kinda gross" because her short cropped hair makes her look "mannish"?

I didn't know you like moderators...

SpreadEagleBeagle

This is blasphemy....

More like blasphunny!

maledoro

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Jan 22, 2012, 04:38:06 AM
Quote from: maledoro on Jan 21, 2012, 10:41:19 PMHow many Disney movies have you seen?
Lots.
That explains a lot.

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Jan 22, 2012, 04:38:06 AM
Quote from: maledoro on Jan 21, 2012, 09:32:43 PMYou said earlier that you liked the mechanics, who are very masculine men, but you find Lambert to be "kinda gross" because her short cropped hair makes her look "mannish"?
I didn't know you like moderators...

Gosutoraida

Blasphemy! This is Madness!

chupacabras acheronsis

THIS. IS. A f**kING LAME MEME.

SizzyBubbles

i watch AVP:R more then i watch Alien 3...

predxeno

^Ditto.

maledoro

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Jan 25, 2012, 03:03:07 AMi watch AVP:R more then i watch Alien 3...
Do you always watch AlienĀ³ after AVP:Rectum or do you sometimes watch other movies after it or watch AVP: Rectum by itself?

Edvin

me too, i think i have seen Alien3 like three times, i cant even watch the entire thing, it is sooooooooo booooooooooooooring.

even tho' AVP:R is terrible, you have to give it cred for the pacing.
like a minute in: bang poof schwooossch. ACTION. -then all the annoying humans- then Banng poof schoowsh glerg. MORE ACTION.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 21, 2012, 10:33:38 PM

anything.

i suppose i don't need to lay out every single thing in it that was offendingly awful compared to all other movies, because i don't have the energy to do it.

True, At least Alien 3 or even Alien Resurrection for that matter didn't defy or break the "laws" established by their predecessors, which is the meaning of canon, to stay true to the "laws" layed out by the previous movies. AvP-R broke one of the biggest f**king laws big time and is probably the only Alien related movie to actually 'accomplish' this. So to say AvP-R is better than anything is truely blasphemy. The main and biggest rule broken was repoduction capabilities amongst the xenomorphs, only one xenomorph can truely reproduce. God save the Queen.

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 25, 2012, 06:53:26 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 21, 2012, 10:33:38 PM

anything.

True, At least Alien 3 or even Alien Resurrection for that matter didn't defy or break the "laws" established by their predecessors, which is the meaning of canon, to stay true to the "laws" layed out by the previous movies. AvP-R broke one of the biggest f**king laws big time and is probably the only Alien related movie to actually 'accomplish' this. So to say AvP-R is better than anything is truely blasphemy. The main and biggest rule broken was repoduction capabilities amongst the xenomorphs, only one xenomorph can truely reproduce. God save the Queen.

http://www.orbitbooks.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/alien-queen.jpg

I disagree with your comment on canon breaking, the reproduction capabilities were never flushed out in detail in the movie.  Aliens is not Star Trek, in that every single detail is spewed out of whatever it is they talk about.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed