Confirmation on Alien Vs Predator 3

Started by georgeromero, Dec 25, 2011, 08:14:07 PM

Author
Confirmation on Alien Vs Predator 3 (Read 39,446 times)

maddriver

Well, if it is set in the future then there are chances of it actually being interesting.
One of my biggest complains about the first two was that the movies took place in present day Earth thus being forced to work around the limitations imposed by this setting.
I disliked the first two, but I can't deny the fact that I am at least a bit curious what they can come up with.

mastermoon

We only heard about an AVP3 once from the Brothers Strause back in 2007, maybe someday Fox can have them return to make AVP3.

ShadowPred

Quote from: mastermoon on Jun 08, 2012, 10:01:35 PM
We only heard about an AVP3 once from the Brothers Strause back in 2007, maybe someday Fox can have them return to make AVP3.

Hell no. Did you ever read what they wanted to do? They wanted monstrous Aliens the size of freaking dinosaurs, and that makes no sense whatsoever.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 09, 2012, 07:25:23 AM
Hell no. Did you ever read what they wanted to do? They wanted monstrous Aliens the size of freaking dinosaurs, and that makes no sense whatsoever.

I think Donald Sutherland up there was being sarcastic, my friend.

-Rakai'Thwei

Corporal Hicks

AvP reboot, please?

I had been hoping Prometheus would be blatant in wiping the AvPs out of cannon but it wasn't really.

I just want them to ignore the other 2, take us to post-Alien 3 timeline and do it properly.

Master

Master

Well, TBH all good ideas about AvP3 I have are set between A3 and A:R

psychonaut25

Quote from: Master on Jun 09, 2012, 01:04:23 PM

How about using the old script that was planned for avp movie in mid 90's ?

Master

Master

I don't think I'm familiar with it. Could you sum it up? Some major points?

Kel G 426

It's basically the story of the original comic moved from a desert planet to a jungle planet.

You can read it here:

http://www.horrorlair.com/scripts/aliens_vs_predator.html

mastermoon

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 09, 2012, 07:25:23 AM
Quote from: mastermoon on Jun 08, 2012, 10:01:35 PM

What the hell those were their plans in AVP3?, thats really stupid and very uncreative.

Then how about have Paul Anderson make AVP3 instead.

r888

r888

This what avp should have look like at the start

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2012, 10:50:24 AM
AvP reboot, please?

The franchises have enough discontinuity between them. I liked Predator, Predator 2, AvP, and AvP-R. Hated Predators. Like Alien, Aliens, Alien 3... Resurrection I could do without. Enjoyed Prometheus.

Sad thing is, there is just too much discontinuity with all these films. Because of this, we have personal canon.

Why add another reboot? More importantly, what films should the hypothetical reboot acknowledge?

I had been hoping Prometheus would be blatant in wiping the AvPs out of cannon but it wasn't really.

If you ask me, Prometheus is very hard to fit in with either the Predator or AvP films. It just ignored them.

I just want them to ignore the other 2, take us to post-Alien 3 timeline and do it properly.

I could probably do you one better. If you want an AvP reboot, or for them to ignore AvP and AvP-R, then someone needs to re-establish a solid timeline to where all these films fit in and how they are connected. More importantly, they need to address which films they are following as sources for continuity and inspirations. This way it would be easier to dismiss the first two AvP films with this hypothetical new one.

Quote from: Master on Jun 09, 2012, 01:04:23 PM

In other words, in space or on some colony.

-Rakai'Thwei

mastermoon

mastermoon

QuoteIf you ask me, Prometheus is very hard to fit in with either the Predator or AvP films. It just ignored them

Ridley Scott also wanted Prometheus to connect only with the first Alien and retcon the two AVP's out of continuity.

If an AVP3 was made would anyone like if it had something to do with the Predator Homeworld.

Requiem28

Quote from: mastermoon on Jun 10, 2012, 02:42:15 PM
http://If you ask me, Prometheus is very hard to fit in with either the Predator or AvP films. It just ignored them.

Ridley Scott also wanted Prometheus to connect only with the first Alien and retcon the two AVP's out of continuity.

If an AVP3 was made would anyone like if it had something to do with the Predator Homeworld.

Not really.  It might become to cartoony and not really grounded.  Unless an expert directs it. 

PredatorsInstinct

If AVP3 does come out, It should be more like Aliens Vs Humans featuring the predator. that allows more character development for the Humans and make a plot somehow, oh and PLEASE TAKE THE THING OFF EARTH?!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed