FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 150,500 times)

dallevalle

dallevalle

OMG i cannot wait for this trailer !!! i love this it looks amazing !!!!
scott you have failed us in the last couple of movies like robin hood
but he is back for sure !!!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 20, 2011, 02:29:08 PM
Has anyone else pointed out yet that the hologram could be portraying individual star systems orbiting one massive star?  Notice how each one of the orbiting lights have individual orbitals around them. For planets?

See the Gigeresque square door on the right. Looks like the shaft did in his original Derelict concepts.

ThisBethesdaSea

Big long hard shaft.....;)

Corporal Hicks

Not quite as similar as I thought actually.

Esoteric_Voyage

Esoteric_Voyage

hey, does anyone else think this:

might be inside the Big head?

to me, its definitely inside the alien ship or place.

i believe i can see one of the explorers standing in the centre of it.

edit***

sorry i only just started reading this thread now, this has already been discussed.

Master

Master

Head, isn`t big enough. And at the center of the pic (under zeta reticuli  ;D) stands one of our astronauts.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 02:54:52 AM
The mutation comes originaly from the PARADISE synopsis not the one from IMDB (wich has been borrowing from KFS and PARADISE).

They were all originally put on IMDB, if memory serves right.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 20, 2011, 03:29:45 AM
"What we find in it, dangerous elements that in a heartbeat are capable of eviscerating all of them." ~Ridley

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eviscerating

F**k, this sounds like rape on a whole new level.  :o

Eh?

It just means violently killing someone. Rape, on the other hand, means to be violated. And can cause death, but usually means the victim is left to live with the psychological trauma... Evisceration usually implies something quick - possibly so fast that the victim isn't even aware of it.

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Dec 20, 2011, 04:24:19 PM
Is anyone else thinking that the writing/marking that is on the outer door is very similar to the markings of the Predator?  Please don't jump me here as this isn't where I want to movie heading, but they seem far to similar for it to be a coincidence... even the markings from the head in the ampule room...

The AVP stuff was generic, that's why. In fact, I seem to recall someone saying it was lifted directly from one of the fan sites.

They're just both based on ancient hieroglyphics and runes, that's all.

QuoteWhy is writing even necessary?  The derelict didn't have any and that worked out all right...

Actually, it was originally intended to have them. Giger famously worked up a plaque which wasn't ultimately filmed, but has been posted a lot around here. It was in his book.

Besides which, most facilities and such have direction, warning and instruction signs. Not sure why you think an alien civilisation would be any different - it's just common sense. :)

Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on Dec 20, 2011, 06:09:14 PM
might be inside the Big head?

The head isn't large enough. We've seen it in comparison to the astronauts. :)

Engineer1

Engineer1

Pay attention please! ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 20, 2011, 06:15:35 PM
The mutation comes originaly from the PARADISE synopsis not the one from IMDB (wich has been borrowing from KFS and PARADISE).

No, KFS appeared first on IO9 and PARADISE here on the boards. ;)

Esoteric_Voyage

Quote from: Master on Dec 20, 2011, 06:12:37 PM
Head, isn`t big enough. And at the center of the pic (under zeta reticuli  ;D) stands one of our astronauts.

how do you know its zeta II reticuli? thatts pretty exciting if it is,

it really makes me wonder where the story goes. i realize more than ever now,. that this outside loose pre equal approach to the film for the series was the best choice and sets good examples for prequels but also sequels perhaps too.

Master

Master

I was reffering to this picture  :P

;D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Jockey pilot room, I say!

Corporal Hicks

I wanna say map that leads them to the planet.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 20, 2011, 06:15:35 PM

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 20, 2011, 03:29:45 AM
"What we find in it, dangerous elements that in a heartbeat are capable of eviscerating all of them." ~Ridley

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eviscerating

F**k, this sounds like rape on a whole new level.  :o

Eh?

It just means violently killing someone. Rape, on the other hand, means to be violated. And can cause death, but usually means the victim is left to live with the psychological trauma... Evisceration usually implies something quick - possibly so fast that the victim isn't even aware of it.

Literally, eviscerate means to remove the viscera - the guts. It's not necessarily quick. In fact as a form of capital punishment,  being hanged, drawn and quartered, was a slow and horrifying demise.

However, I suspect Ridley is using it as a suitable emotive word rather than a literal explanation.

Master

Master

After proper hanging, one would give a shit about drawning and quartering  :D

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 20, 2011, 06:23:41 PM
I wanna say map that leads them to the planet.

Or record of Jockey travels.

ThisBethesdaSea

Evsicerate can have psychological connotations as well....where everything they thought they knew is eviscerated, i.e. taken from them, their most sacred beliefs of why things are, etc... you get the point and I think Ridley used that word in a larger context, and not just meaning that physically they are killed.

Longest run on sentence eva! ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed