Half-Life 3

Started by scarhunter92, Dec 02, 2011, 07:39:30 PM

Author
Half-Life 3 (Read 16,552 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: SM on Jul 15, 2013, 04:18:50 AM
Only just bought the Orange Box last Friday, so HL3 can wait.  ;D

You're going to love it all. Some of the most amazing games ever. Truly a fun experience.

SM

SM

Just had all sorts of shenanigans driving along a beach and climbing under a big train bridge.

I've found I can't play HL2 for long periods.  I get so sucked in I'm on the edge of my seat with my face right in a good sized monitor.  End up getting motion sickness.  Especially on the bit with the swamp boat thing.  eeeshhh....

Effectz

Effectz

Amazing game,you'll love episode 1 & 2.Have you done the church and cemetary part yet?always freaked me out.

SM

SM

The bit with the preachy dude?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: SM on Jul 18, 2013, 02:30:22 AM
Just had all sorts of shenanigans driving along a beach and climbing under a big train bridge.

I've found I can't play HL2 for long periods.  I get so sucked in I'm on the edge of my seat with my face right in a good sized monitor.  End up getting motion sickness.  Especially on the bit with the swamp boat thing.  eeeshhh....

Motion sickness was a widespread issue when HL2 came out, it might help to increase the FOV. There's a slider in the settings.

SM

SM

Nah I think I just need to sit back from the screen a bit.  :)

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: SM on Jul 18, 2013, 04:33:47 AM

Yeah,those horrible headcrab zombies that have no skin and are really agile,they freaked me out.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Effectz on Jul 18, 2013, 02:31:35 PM

Yeah,those horrible headcrab zombies that have no skin and are really agile,they freaked me out.

The things that freaked me out the most were the poison headcrabs, think it was because of the noises they made and they werenfat and ugly. Facehuggers freak me the f**k out too, particularly in AvP1 and AvP 2 because they were so damn fast and you could usually not see them because the levels were so dark and they kill you in one go.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I think it's that they're designed to look obviously venomous - bloated, slow, strange colouration (particularly the snake-like bands on its legs). They're nature's warning signs, and most animals have an instinctive reaction to stay away from them.
The high-pitched shriek is good for making you jump too, seems Valve realised they hadn't quite stolen everything from the facehugger...

Effectz

Effectz

They resemble nor function anything like a facehugger.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Half-Life has been the gold standard for immersive, science-fiction adventure for years. Was one of the only games where the HUD made sense, the main character wasn't some stereotypical action hero, and the story really did make you feel like you were playing a movie.

Mind you this is back when games were still striving for that, before the call of duty days, before the bullshit.

Spoiler
[close]

The Ant-lions were probably my favorite part of HL2 (besides the zero point energy weapon, mmmmmmm.) Those prison levels where you get to flush out the combine by using the hormone sacs = win. I only wish they stayed with you the rest of the game.

And the Vortigons referring to Gordon as "the free man" is so good and evokes Dune's Fremen along with every other archetype of the free hero saving the people I can remember.

Bless those games.

SM

SM

Quote from: Effectz on Jul 18, 2013, 02:31:35 PM

f**ken oath.  The screech and then the downpipe rattling as they climb up towards you.  Not hard to kill but certainly freaky.  Another thing was when the heacrabbed guys (the clothed ones) get set on fire and they make those appalling screams that let you know there's still a human being in there.

QuoteThe things that freaked me out the most were the poison headcrabs, think it was because of the noises they made and they werenfat and ugly

HATE those f**kers!

QuoteThey resemble nor function anything like a facehugger.

I think it's obvious Valve were channelling the hugger with the headcrab.  They just changed it enough to make something new.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2013, 03:39:52 AM
Another thing was when the heacrabbed guys (the clothed ones) get set on fire and they make those appalling screams that let you know there's still a human being in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXuR41eisnM#

SM

SM

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 19, 2013, 03:49:07 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2013, 03:39:52 AM
Another thing was when the heacrabbed guys (the clothed ones) get set on fire and they make those appalling screams that let you know there's still a human being in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXuR41eisnM#

Why...

Why the f**k did I click that... :'(

Spoiler
Now I'm even more intrigued to play these games. :laugh:
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed