"Yautjas" and/or the Hish as individual cultures/breeds

Started by DUB1, Nov 26, 2011, 08:51:03 AM

Author
"Yautjas" and/or the Hish as individual cultures/breeds (Read 878 times)

DUB1

I certainly wouldn't want either concepts from the comics/novels to be applied to the whole Predator species, but I wonder. If either the Yautjas or the Hish, or both, were canonised but introduced as separate cultures/breeds, how would the fanbase feel about that?

You have the classic Predators, and the recently introduced black ones (not going to call them super). What if the Hish were another race of Predators different from both? As for the Yautjas, what if they were just one culture of classic Predators out of many? If my idea was applied, then Predators like "Anytime" and Pussyface may or may not have been Yautjas.

Like I said, I wouldn't want either concepts to be canonised if they were going to represent the whole species. The Yautja culture sounds far too human-like to me, with a smaller Predator (Shorty) treated as an outcast. The female Predators were portrayed as a feminazi's (not the same as a feminist) wet dream. I don't mind them being larger and/or more aggressive, but their dominance over their males is another story. I wouldn't have liked it any better if the males had been portrayed as the dominant gender.

I could tolerate the Yautjas as an individual culture, however. Just one that happens to be a little more human-like than some others might be. What about you people? Is there an acceptable way of canonising the Yautjas and/or the Hish, or should these concepts be absolutely kept away from the movies? I do not care if they never ever become canon, but I think they could be done right if that happened.

The_Silencer

Just reading your post as well as apporting my ID Yautja picture in order to provide some more of strenght to your initiative for this thread. ;)

LadyZero

First of all, not all Hish are black *points at Falconer and Tracker* Greenish-beige, mething :laugh:

I have a ton of theories about the points you made. I'd like there to be much more information about the Hish so we can get some kind of basis for what they actually are, because I tend to think of them as some kind of genetic mutation, but they could be a case of divergent evolution or just complete bastards. Nothing should be ever made canon, however, because then the fangirls wouldn't have anything to work with, we'd just slammed for being not-canon which I can't stand. Leave things as they are, keep it out of the movies and leave it to the fanfics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed