brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 156,275 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Nov 23, 2011, 09:21:20 AM
Noomi Rapace look 1000x cooler and attractive than Charlize Theron in a futuristic outfit. Maybe they wanted to uglify Charlize on purpose... ???
Been there, done that. Theron's hair is all held up and it's not a good shot of her anyways... but I don't see then touching her face Monster style for any reason...

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 23, 2011, 11:28:01 AM
The base of one the rooms pillar.
Or part of room entrance we've seen in previous pics.
Or maybe the chair, but i doubt it, as it has to be in the center of some room.

Oh! Thanks, I see it now: there is another symmetrical one to the left of the screen. It's rather an architectural element of the chamber.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

BTW, I'm thinking about some transformation from human to space jockey, but that'd be far less cool :(

SHREK

SHREK

Looks very crap.. guess theres no aliens in it then, well that was a waste. Lost the little interest i had in it now. No aliens. No point it even being on this site really but oh well.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 23, 2011, 11:14:07 AM
Probably because you were expecting a gritty hard R ALIENS redux
I wanted a sci-fi movie that didn't look like every sci-fi I'd seen in the last twenty years and that I couldn't predict the end of before I'd even sat down.

QuoteThis is not your movie, whatever you want it to be, it's scott's you have to accept it as it is for now.
I do.

Darkoo

Darkoo

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

The giant head reminds me too much of Dark City

Engineer1

Engineer1

Sil i don't think i've seen AVATAR's production design before in any scifi movie.
Everybody tried to copy his realistic military futuristic but no one achieved what he has.
That's why the designs in his movies pass the test of time.
But hey i get it not yur cup of tea.
Looks like it's Scott's tho.
Lets continue this somewhere else its not the subject of this thread thanks.

If PROMETHEUS with its humanoid Engineers, its clean production design an no aliens is doomed for you.
Leave the forums guys while there's still time before becoming a hater ;)

Just a precision, i'm not loving everything i've seen or read about the movie so far but i will definitly wait to see it before passing judgement.

BTW did you see that the movie is now an action epic.
They are trying so hard to make people understand that it's not an ALIEN movie that i feel sorry for them when read some comments.
ALIEN formula for most of the audience is the xeno hunting down humans in a closed dark environnement.
I think this is what they are trying to explain since Prometheus is gonna features new creatures, wide landscapes and whole new concepts.
They still don't know how to market it, look at the test trailer description with the shot of ripley and the xeno...
My god people ar so dumb that they might harm the movie.
Fox and company could be scared of the feedback and ask Scott to either make more obvious that its an ALIEN movie or the contrary and avoid any references (safe from easter eggs that fans will definitly get like logos and company names...).

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

What kind of mindf*ck is that?

Looks like the same (+/- a few seconds) shot, one photo from the front/side and one from the back...i'm missing a wall with a smaller door.

And this "egg" they are examining...looks like a helmet with some good old slime in it.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Nov 23, 2011, 12:50:11 PM
What kind of mindf*ck is that?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vPDtmQk4Dfk/TjfjquGNarI/AAAAAAAABN8/3ZhOtNH3F08/s1600/prometheus-comic-con-8.jpg

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/nov11/prom2s.jpg

small "door", huge door :D

It's called perspective ;)
But nice one.

I find weird that only David is the only one staring at the Head...
Maybe he's the fisrt one noticing it amids the fog and darkness.
A hint to his relation with the Engineer's that was in PARADISE...
From the light coming from what they are checking on the ground i doubt it's something from Engineers's ship.
Maybe some sort of gear. The Bag that David has in the promo shot.

Darkoo

Never say no to Panda!

Removed helmets  :D

Engineer1

Engineer1

Love the gigolo joe feel David has.

I really don't feel any Photoshop manipulation.
I think the makeup and the overlit set is the thing going on.
But i could be wrong.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 23, 2011, 01:11:58 PM
I really don't feel any Photoshop manipulation.
I think the makeup and the overlit set is the thing going on.
But i could be wrong.

There are lights around their spacesuit necks, which can add this unrealistic effect, as though faces are put here from different shots with another lighting.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Uhm...but look at the small old image i just posted, you see that he wears a helmet (round reflection on the upper side).
On the new photo you just see "blue light", formed like a helmet. Same with the ladies, same picture, no helmets but yellow light formed like an orb...nearly invisible  ;D

But but but...on the small image he wears a helmet, but those ladies not. Argh...

Haha, nah...that's just light.
Damn, i should stop staring on those photos  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed