will we find out who God is?

Started by Discovery One, Nov 19, 2011, 08:49:13 PM

Author
will we find out who God is? (Read 2,165 times)

Discovery One

Discovery One

Ridley mentioned ages ago that the film would be about Gods and engineers, then we get the title "Prometheus", then we get a synopsis saying '...where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery'.

So are we going to find out who created us?  Or maybe that a vastly superior alien race has been influencing us on an evolutionary level, similar to 2001: A Space Odyessey?

What do you think?

Kimo

Kimo

me thinks ancient aliens. like maybe the jockeys are the creators and destroyers of worlds. But jockeys are not god like, just more advance alien being with out of this world technology. well thats the vibe im getting from this movie.

Never say no to Panda!

Doh, this thread has got many many similar brothers and sisters  :laugh:

Engineer1

Engineer1

Maybe you should have checked some previous trhreads before lauching this one.

The answer is yes.
Humans will meet their maker(s) in PROMETHEUS.

Glaive

Glaive

"...Open the PodBay Doors, HAL..."

Discovery One

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 19, 2011, 10:00:55 PM
The answer is yes.

really, for def?

interesting...

always wondered about that big guy in the sky.

Engineer1

Engineer1

He's a she.

Effectz

Effectz

Thread is missing flux capacitor.

SM

SM

It'll be either...

or

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 19, 2011, 10:00:55 PM
The answer is yes.

I'm just wonder how the humans will react to knowing there a creation from an alien race.

Eldritch

Eldritch

I already know who God is.. just ask my girlfriend  ;D ;D :-*

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Terx2 on Nov 21, 2011, 02:43:56 AM
I'm just wonder how the humans will react to knowing there a creation from an alien race.

Actually, there was a hint in Lindelof's interwiev, that Prometheus was going to investigate a problem, what you would you do, if you didnt like the answer to your question... I don't think humans would be so upset with the fact of being created by some extraterrestrials, as they might be shocked with the purpose, which they were purportedly created for.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: aliennaire on Nov 21, 2011, 12:08:48 PM
I don't think humans would be so upset with the fact of being created by some extraterrestrials, as they might be shocked with the purpose, which they were purportedly created for.

That's always been my view. Unless you're incredibly resolute in belief of a specific religion's ideology, the 'ancient astronaut' theory has been around for so long that most people in Western civilisation are probably aware of at least the possibility for it.

It reminds me of all those dinosaur documentaries, where they try and jazz it up at the end by going, "AND THE AMAZING SECRET IS THAT THEY ALL SURVIVED TO THE MODERN AGE BECAUSE THEY ARE BIRDS!!! D:" As if most of the viewers are going to do anything more than shrug their shoulders and go, "And...?"

You can just hear Obi-Wan going, "From a certain point of view..."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed