Release Date?

Started by Ratchetcomand, Oct 05, 2011, 10:21:27 PM

Author
Release Date? (Read 11,384 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I look the past few pages and it looks like this thread has not been made yet? So when do you think that we will see a official release date from Sega since 2011 will be over in 3 months and I hope to see a full release date other then Q1 2012 or Spring 2012. I hope for March or April 2012 release.

Ash 937

Ash 937

My money is on June.

predxeno

predxeno

I hope for an April 2012 release at the latest.

I wonder when they are going to release more trailers for this game.  AVP2010 had a lot of them if I remember correctly.

Griffith

Griffith

Personally I really don't mind when this game comes out I'm more concerned in the ammount of effort put in the gameplay/story for a 4 year game development this game MUST HAVE to kick ass ,the far they take to release it the better it's going to be. Might be off topic but when Randy Pitchford said "look at these room and all the details we really nerd it out" I was like..yeah right 4 years in development I couldn't expect less than that.

predxeno

predxeno

I also need to know what the pre-order bonuses for this game are and what will be included in the Limited Editions (if any).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Gamespot seems to predict a June release date.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 06, 2011, 01:01:21 AM
My money is on June.
Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 06, 2011, 06:27:33 AM

I really do hope it comes out in June for two reasons.

1. It gives them more development time than just Spring 2012
2. This is a personal one really, but I'll be out of school so I can play it peacefully with no interruptions. ;D :D

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 06, 2011, 06:27:33 AM

This can be also true as GBX truly intends a Q2 release; software makers officially announce releases using quarters if not the actual date. The use of seasons in the software industry is only limited to the video game market for marketing purposes.

But I doubt it'd be a June release as it'll be too close to Prometheus.

Also perhaps GBX has to take into consideration when Fox kicks off the Prometheus hype train.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Oct 06, 2011, 10:04:39 AM

But I doubt it'd be a June release as it'll be too close to Prometheus.

Also perhaps GBX has to take into consideration when Fox kicks off the Prometheus hype train.

I think this is precisely why GBX would release the game closer to June.  A June release gives the game an opportunity to benefit from the marketing generated for Prometheus at the same time.  It would be like killing two birds with one stone.

PLEXI

PLEXI

QuoteI think this is precisely why GBX would release the game closer to June.  A June release gives the game an opportunity to benefit from the marketing generated for Prometheus at the same time.  It would be like killing two birds with one stone.
Certainly a good option, since video games and movies don't really compete with one another lol...but I doubt it is up to Gearbox when the game is actually released.   June isn't a bad prediction, we'll just have to wait and see.. a lot can change in those months.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 06, 2011, 05:14:18 PM
I think this is precisely why GBX would release the game closer to June.  A June release gives the game an opportunity to benefit from the marketing generated for Prometheus at the same time.  It would be like killing two birds with one stone.

That's only if Prometheus is, indeed, an Alien Prequel.  And even if it is, many people who aren't fans of the franchise (the casual viewers) may not be able to make the connection between the film and the game, especially since the word "Alien" is nowhere on the title for the supposed Alien Prequel.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Im guessing May or June.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 06, 2011, 05:45:21 PM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 06, 2011, 05:14:18 PM

That's only if Prometheus is, indeed, an Alien Prequel.  And even if it is, many people who aren't fans of the franchise (the casual viewers) may not be able to make the connection between the film and the game, especially since the word "Alien" is nowhere on the title for the supposed Alien Prequel.
It's almost certainly an Alien prequel, and if it's marketed right then the general public will recognize that even if the movie doesn't have the word "Alien" in the title. Audiences didn't have a problem understanding "The Dark Knight" or "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" (which is the third in a trilogy), or "The Empire Strikes Back".

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Prometheus and ACM are not even link together, we still don't know if Prometheus is even a Alien film. I doubt they will released them around the same time.

ikarop

ikarop

I've mentioned this before but when I first heard about the release window for ACM I was told midyear 2012. Plans change all the time but from a marketing standpoint it definitely would make sense to release the game around the same time as Prometheus. i.e if Fox sees the film as something related to Alien. There's also Borderlands 2 which I think will take some people by surprise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed