Your thoughts on Drugs?

Started by daywalker, Aug 30, 2011, 10:21:03 AM

Author
Your thoughts on Drugs? (Read 50,437 times)

Effectz

Effectz

They plan to ban tourists for the coffee shops,whaaaaaaaat!

Hawkins

Hawkins

been a long while since I been here.i'm a medical marijuana patient I get pretty bad anxiety when i'm out in public or socialize and i'm bipolar the "legal" meds my psychiatrist prescribe doesn't work all the time and pot very much helps me a lot.sorry for my bad grammar.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

I have OCD and it started to control my life back in 2006, i went to clinics and had been hospitalized as well.
Ofcourse they prescribed me with Anti depressives like Paraxotine, Xanax & Chloriphramine. In my opinion it was also a sort of drugs, since they actually made you emotionally indifferent to everything and everyone around you, aside from the fact you went numb and your head was quite clear of thoughts it also made you really far away from the real world mentally. And it made you shut down all your emotions, good ones or bad ones. You just felt as if you were... there, but more as an observer inside your own body then actually experiencing moods and emotions.

I decided to quit my meds in 2008, and withouth even slowing and lowering my dosage, i just quitted from one day to another, not such a good idea of course, my body started shivering and twitching uncontrollably and i had little panic attacks allot of the time. I held on and after one or two weeks i felt better and my mood and emotions came back, i did feel MORE energetic and HAPPY withouth my anti depressive meds wich  is weird since it should be the opposite IMO.

Im dealing with my OCD now through the things i learned throughout therapy and i picked up life again, its an every day struggle but at least i feel like i am living again.

Ofcourse sometimes i wondered if taking drugs would make me forget my OCD thoughts and feel better even only if for a moment, but i never took that decision nor was i in touch with people who could provide me with drugs at the time.
But at our school you can smell the weed all over by the lockers :P (I live in The Netherlands) and there are loads of coffee shops even in my local area's.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's rough man. I can't imagine living with that.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

It's daily routine now, but i remember the days i didnt have it, wich makes it harder to accept that i have it now.

I started having obsessive thoughts in early 2006 about loved ones and people i care about, that something bad happened to them, strangely whenever i did some kind of ritual, in my case, re-doing that what im doing at that moment, made me feel relieved and made me get the idea that it would all be safe. The thoughts contained the loss of loved ones in horribe horrible ways, kinda like a disaster movie in your mind :(

This kept on getting worse and worse untill it took up 80% of my daily routine, i lost my friends, my work and my school. I stayed home because i didnt even wanna walk anymore cuz i had to re step every step and put my clothes on and off for ages. (those were big parts of my rituals)  Also doing other simple daily things as listening to music didnt go anymore, i had to do rituals each time i putted a new song on and even visiting forums was a pain, whenever i posted something i had to delete and repost or just edit it with a "pure" thought, so that's why i actually merely "check" avpgalaxy, rather then participating in topics, but i decided to give it a go sometimes :) Anyways they gave me Anti Depressives to fight my thoughts and moods, wich as i said made you numb and really not actually experiencing your own life but merely observing your life emotionally rather then feeling things.

I ended up in 2007 in a clinique for anxiety and behaviour disorder for 1 month for observation and 4 months internal in some place in the south of my country where i was allowed to leave only the weekend. I had theraphy sessions and other routines there as well, i was there with around 20 other people who were also OCD sufferers, or Bipolar or had Body Dismorphic Disorder or just depressed for years and years. It was good to share experiences with people who were going through the same thing as i did at that time.

So i went back to work in 2008, and slowly it went better and better, working was really a cure because you didnt have time to think about things and when you did you were mostly forced to continue withouth "performing your ritual"

And so i stopped my Anti-Despressive's one day, i gained 22Kg in 1.5 years went from 65kg to 87 Kg's. I came late because i was so "tired" wich the meds made me. I stopped just in once, got big side effects as if i used to be on drugs, shaking and stressing up as i said.
So after that it went allright and i lost weight SLOWLY again and i came on time at places i needed to be and were more motivated withouth medication. I started dieting and lost an additional 12 kg's and now i am back at 73 kg's wich is okay :D
I became assistent store manager after a year and decided to go back to school not later on.

Now it's going really swell in life, i got allot of friends through work and even met my best friend through work. We see eachother around 2/3 times a week sometimes.
I got back to school after 4 years (Graphical Desinging) and am top of the class! But still i am haunted by my obsessive thoughts each day, not as much and as powerfull as i used to have it though. Lets say about 30/40% of the day...
I still visit the pshyciatrist about every week :)

My OCD rituals also feel like a drug sometimes since i have a "need" to do it and it relieves my anxiety, but merely for a short while and i need to do it more and more for it actually to relieve some of the anxiety...

daywalker

daywalker

May be me but everyone should listen to bill hicks thoughts on drugs the truth is only a bill hicks listen away :P

The PredBen

The PredBen

I too suffer from pretty bad OCD. It isn't constant, but boy, it can effect me. I try to limit it in public, because its pretty embarrassing, but I still do it every now and then. I wish there was a drug that could completely eliminate OCD, but from what I've heard, the most drugs AND therapy do is lower the symptoms or decrease your desire to do them.

Lie

Lie

I'd say doing pretty well control wise 2 zutes before Misfits 1 before Dexter, drinking only at the pub or when I go up London.

Hicks101

Hicks101

Quote from: Lie on Nov 25, 2011, 05:25:53 PM
I'd say doing pretty well control wise 2 zutes before Misfits 1 before Dexter, drinking only at the pub or when I go up London.

A cup of tea and a zute! Breakfast of champions!

The PredBen

The PredBen

I know that most people don't consider tobacco a drug, but for my 18th birthday, I smoked two cigars (about 1/5 of each). And while it was kinda cool to be able to buy them, I don't plan on smoking them again. It wasn't really that enjoyable.

severen76

severen76

Don't blame you. I smoke, but I can't stand cigars.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I love a good cigar. i don't smoke them often but I enjoy the hell out of them when I do.

Lie

Lie

Ahhh I've never had one, I might get one for myself to have on christmas.

Effectz

Effectz

I hate the stink off them.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Cigars are fun at social events but they're a pain in the ass to smoke. It's too much hassle to keep lighting it up every few seconds.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed