0 (0%)
0/5  Hated it!
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author
Cloud Atlas (2012) (Read 35,461 times)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Had my third and final viewing last night.  Going to give it another go when the BD is out, then put it off and watch it once a year and let it age like Blade Runner did  :)

Magegg

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Blu-ray Disc.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm really hoping there's an extended cut released on BluRay. I would love this film to be even longer.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, as far as length, it really didn't feel like ~3 hours. I think my friends actually a bit put off by the length of the film at first (and our showing was at almost 10:00 at night), but by the end, neither of them minded it at all.

Ruadh

Ruadh

I'm one that loves extended cuts...and maybe if they do one and I see it, I'll feel completely differently, but it felt perfect at this length. I can't imagine it being improved...though, like I said...I may totally reverse that after seeing an longer cut.

Shasvre

Shasvre

My interest in this movie have peaked over the last few days, with all the praise it's receiving over here. So I checked to see if it played in a nearby theater this week. It did not.

Nor the next week.

Or the week after that.

Not until f**king March. :'(

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

The film will probably have to do better in the BO for an extended cut, sadly.  The film has only made $20 million in the US (1/5th its budget) hasn't been released in the major territories of Europe/Aus yet so there's some chance the film could gain its budget back.  But as far as profit goes, that extended edition is a far stretch right now  :(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 10, 2012, 11:16:22 PM
My interest in this movie have peaked over the last few days, with all the praise it's receiving over here. So I checked to see if it played in a nearby theater this week. It did not.

Nor the next week.

Or the week after that.

Not until f**king March. :'(

Laufey...your theater sucks :-\

Shasvre

Shasvre

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Ruadh on Nov 10, 2012, 11:14:10 PM
I'm one that loves extended cuts...and maybe if they do one and I see it, I'll feel completely differently, but it felt perfect at this length. I can't imagine it being improved...though, like I said...I may totally reverse that after seeing an longer cut.

I'm not saying it would be improved; I would simply love to have each individual story to be a bit longer.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

it arrives on the 29th of november on my shores.

Read a review that said that the film is pretentious as all hell. I've come to suspect that nowadays that's criticspeak for "this film is trying to do something i've never seen before". We have come to expect such a low level from hollywood films that anything with a slightly higher level of complexity gets pegged as "pretentious".

Regardless of whether i end up agreeing or not, cant wait to see this flick.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Looking back at the "Actor's Dream" featurette, there's an Asian-ized Ben Whishaw. Don't know if it's just makeup tests, or was it intended for an actual scene (he doesn't appear in the Orison of Somni-451 story).  Would be cool to see some deleted scenes.  Looking on the Wikipedia page, I didn't notice some of Jim Sturgess/Doona Bae's cameos in other places in the movies, besides the 2 main ones.  :o

Enjoy the flick when you see it Blacklabel! 8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 10, 2012, 11:22:22 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 10, 2012, 11:18:08 PMLaufey...your theater sucks :-\
Perfect, man. Brings tears to my eye :')

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Cloud Atlas tops Wreck it Ralph and Skyfall for highest opening weekend in Russia with $4-5m projected, bringing the worldwide grosses to around $28-29m. 

Cloud Atlas is still yet to be released in other major EU territories such as Germany, Sweden, Spain, the UK and Australia, and still needs $70 million and more to make a profit by next June.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed