Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1054

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 618,244 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Thank you. ^_^

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 06, 2019, 07:47:17 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 06, 2019, 06:22:54 PM
Quote from: The Old One on May 06, 2019, 05:26:20 PM
Anyone utilising a Big Bang Theory gif loses by default. And the question is favourite, best isn't the question.

You spelled favorite wrong.

She's right, both on anti-Chuck-Lorre principle and on spelling things like favourite with a U. American "English" is pig-disgusting.

Pig-disgusting?  How insulting and morounic! 

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 06, 2019, 08:10:49 PM
Anyone utilising a Big Bang Theory gif loses by default. And the question is favourite, best isn't the question.

She's right, both on anti-Chuck-Lorre principle and on spelling things like favourite with a U. American "English" is pig-disgusting.

It'd be "mouronic" you don't even understand what you're upset about.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 06, 2019, 08:14:35 PM

It be mourounic if you think I'm actually upset!  ;D

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 06, 2019, 08:24:49 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 06, 2019, 08:14:35 PM

It be mourounic if you think I'm actually upset!  ;D

Those bloody Yanks besmirching the Queen's English!!!  Break out the tea bags, we attack at dawn!  TALLY HO!!!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's gotten under your skin on some level since I'm 99% sure this isn't the first time I've seen you bring it up.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 06, 2019, 08:33:07 PM
It's gotten under your skin on some level since I'm 99% sure this isn't the first time I've seen you bring it up.

Brother man. Lol. It's been a running joke. Its all in fun. Of course Old One didn't spell it wrong. Favorite. Color. I say people are mispelling it all the time!  ;D

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 06, 2019, 08:30:11 PM
Those bloody Yanks besmirching the Queen's English!!!  Break out the tea bags, we attack at dawn!  TALLY HO!!!

:laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny rather than tiresome?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 06, 2019, 08:43:27 PM
Aren't jokes supposed to be funny rather than tiresome?

Now THAT was funny!  :)  I think I'm the one who got under your skin somehow? We should move on!

Back on topic:

Regardless that Aliens is top dog for me, Alien is such a close second. Both are just wonderful viewing experiences for me.

The Old One

The Old One

As I've said before, (Maybe?)
I actually enjoy;
above the rest, but recognise;
&
Are better films.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Basking in the delicious bickering!!!

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

As different tonally as they are (one is hide and seek, the other tag you're it) Alien and Aliens have always felt like two sides to the same coin to me, they compare and contrast really well, and a lot of Aliens feels like a natural extrapolation from Alien. They both present a more or less indifferent universe where the characters just happen to stumble upon a particularly nasty corner of space, and are able to take charge and survive if they're lucky/smart enough.

3 is different in that right from the start it's everything is awful and we're all f**ked - the universe is trying to put you down no matter what. People often say it's more in line with Scott's film, perhaps on a surface level detail it is, but I can't shake off its overwhelmingly/obnoxiously dreary tone it never quit earned. (That's not to say I don't like Ripley's final sacrifice and all that, but I would never say the film is more than the sum of its parts).

And then you have Res which is like Aliens on absinthe.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd say it is absolutely more than the sum of it's parts, PsyKore nailed it, dreary yes but it's both about life and death, it engenders new beginnings.

I believe all of them are quite distinct for good or ill, it's something I really appreciate about the franchise. It's not homogeneous, although that's resulted in a fanbase where it seems no one completely agrees upon what the franchise ought to be.
Although I largely agree with the absinthe comment.  :D

Whiskeybrewer

LastSonofKrypton

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed