Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1054

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 618,225 times)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Yeah, some of the core concepts in Alien Resurrection interesting but it was so poorly executed, in every aspect of the word (in my opinion). Government/Corporate experimentation with Aliens makes perfect sense to me which is one of the key plot points to Alien Resurrection. People have been trying to get their hands on a Xeno since the 1st film all the way up to the end of Alien 3. Why though must they clone Ripley to do so? You don't think they could have found another Alien or Egg in the 200 years it took to clone her? I understand she had a queen inside her but it still seems like they should have been able to get their hands on a Xeno in the 200-year gap between 3 + 4.

joballs45

joballs45

aliens hands down for action but as far as scary movie alien is classic

LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

ALIENS just barely edges out ALIEN only because i saw it first

both a true master pieces in their own right

it should be noted that
ALIEN no qeustion set the standard and benchmark for the entire franchise, so really it's be placed off on it's own

ALIEN3 was a good film it was just fell victim to certain circumstances - but still a good film

ALIEN RESURRECTION had the least greatest story of the franchise but what it lacked in story it made up for in action, visual stand piont etc.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Aliens is my favourite. :)

joballs45

joballs45

something about alien just gives me the creeps the scenery and atmosphere great movie

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

A:R sucks even as an action movie. It has one set piece. The closest thing I can think of to call it is a "sci-fi black comedy".

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Aliens

Lt.EllenRipley

Lt.EllenRipley

Aliens, no doubt, takes my cake. If only because I remember seeing it at a drive in theater bundled up in a blanket in the back seat of the car and loved Ripley to death. Fond memories makes anything better ^_^

However, Alien still rocks, but I didn't really understand it so well when I was little.

RedIce

RedIce

Aliens, straight up.

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

tie between Alien and Aliens

screw it , Im gonna watch Alien now ;D

Bob Saget

Bob Saget

close call, im gonna say aliens, but alien was probably more influential, i just love pretty much everything about aliens

sonofcesare

sonofcesare

I vote Aliens all the way! It had the most action, aliens, and had the best storyline.  ;)

OneThousandEyes

OneThousandEyes

Quote from: joballs45 on Oct 14, 2007, 11:48:53 PM
something about alien just gives me the creeps the scenery and atmosphere great movie

Yes, there is no other film ( perhaps 2001: A Space Odyssey ) that has achieved the same level of atmosphere and unease. It really is in a league of its own. Aliens also has a great mood
throughout, but I can't ignore the fact that the aliens get slaughtered during its course... if it was a standalone film and first in the series, it would pretty much be on par with the original as far as I'm concerned.

Alien: Timeless classic, best creature design ever conceived, eerie and disturbing from start to finish, superb acting, great retro-industrial design.

Aliens: Simple yet extremely effective plot and character development, almost flawless presentation, great Cameron design concepts, suspenseful action scenes. Only gripe for me is the changes in the alien design as well as them being essentially cannon fodder. And the queen's eggsack was too fleshy for my taste.

Alien 3: Wonderful score, grimy set design and environment, very good creature design and execution ( the best since Alien ), dark and oppressive setting. But for me, it just wasn't as memorable as the first two. I really want to love it, but it falls short due to its overambition to be harsh and unforgiving. Hicks and Newt I can bear, but Clemens? And Bishop? A shame....Also the ending was a bit too final, almost like the series was deliberately shut down for no obvious reason.

And as for that hideous fan film Alien: Resurrection, no comment.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Alien 3 was supposed to end the Alien series. Then A:R came along...

OneThousandEyes

OneThousandEyes

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 04, 2007, 05:52:30 PM
Alien 3 was supposed to end the Alien series. Then A:R came along...

The decision to attempt a closure was a mistake, I think. There should always be room left for a continuation. A secret card to play so as to have the option if needed.

OK, I'll do Rez as well....

Alien: Resurrection: Far fetched premise in a feeble attempt at revival of the series, the inclusion of Ellen Ripley for one more go-around was a bleak shadow of past times. Cloning could maybe be viable, but setting the story 200 years into the future? Please. It was always as if they wanted to ruin any possibility of Weyland-Yutani/USCM/Acheron etc. to play a part in the series' future. Shameful.

However, the set design and art direction was at times pretty good, with The Betty slightly reminiscent of the Nostromo-era. Alien design was atrocious at worst ( Newborn ), and unoriginal at best. One can really tell that rational and mediocre minds should never be allowed to interfere with the designs of the one and only HR Giger. All in all, it was shitty and I don't like it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed