Is there other technologically advanced life in the A/P universe?

Started by namdrut, Aug 01, 2011, 02:46:11 PM

Author
Is there other technologically advanced life in the A/P universe? (Read 23,024 times)

Xenomrph

Yeah, it's between Hudson, Ferro, and Vasquez shortly after they wake up from cryosleep if I remember right.

chupacabras acheronsis

i don't think it was out of banality of the subject, it was more like incredulity.

AlexVelez

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 10, 2011, 09:36:54 PM
i don't think it was out of banality of the subject, it was more like incredulity.

I had to google those words. lmao

Xenomrph

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 10, 2011, 09:36:54 PM
I figured it was the opposite. They're completely unimpressed that she might have found an alien they can't deal with. As Vasquez says, "you only need to tell me one thing: where they are". They've got decals on their dropships indicating they exterminate species and that they're "bug-stompers", they refer to the op as a "bug-hunt", and they generally don't treat the mission as if they're about to engage human enemies. It's pretty clear that they'd encountered extraterrestrial life before in some capacity.

Snorkelbottom

Which is another element that has never been explored in the films - in the future setting of the Alien franchise do we realise we are not alone, and in what way.

Xenomrph

Well I think it's explored, just not in the way most people expect - it's shown to apparently be mundane, everyday stuff.

Snorkelbottom

what about the arcturians, I know some people have already mentioned them in this thread, but when watching Aliens I get the impression they are an intelligent race of male and female haemophridites that have some sort of pleasure resort, like that seen in the star trek universe (dont recall the name).

Xenomrph

In the EU they're only depicted once, in the Aliens tabletop pencil-and-paper RPG. To my recollection they're not particularly technologically-advanced.

Snorkelbottom

other than the space jockeys I cant really think of any

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

Quote from: SM on Dec 06, 2011, 03:11:37 AM
When was there ever a naturally occurring King Alien?

(Besides action figures)

The whole species is artificial, if given the chance, know how, and technology, a entity can make a Xenomorph be and do anything they want, they have near limitless capabilities if not limitless.  AvP:E, AvP:Arcade, Aliens: Rogue, AvP: Deadliest of the Species.  The scientists in those stories blindly stumbled on to the Aliens ability to adapt and reconfigure itself. 

predxeno

Well, the King Alien action figure from Kenner could be naturally occurring.  Of course, that opens the question of whether you accept that medium to be canon.

SM

SM

QuoteThe whole species is artificial,

According to whom?

And please note that "I said it, that should be prof enough" doesn't count.

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 03, 2012, 01:32:43 AM
Well, the King Alien action figure from Kenner could be naturally occurring.  Of course, that opens the question of whether you accept that medium to be canon.

Unfortunately in Aliens Anthology special features they showed the toys as being separate from the Saga.  On the other hand I think every writer likes those toys and have been working them into the stories.

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2012, 06:34:02 AM
According to whom?

The writers, Including Mr. Scott and the comments he has made about his new movies coming out.

predxeno

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Jan 03, 2012, 03:07:40 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 03, 2012, 01:32:43 AM

Unfortunately in Aliens Anthology special features they showed the toys as being separate from the Saga.  On the other hand I think every writer likes those toys and have been working them into the stories.

Where did they say that?

Edvin

that alien that chases topher grace in Predators, maybe that one came from some high-tec species.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed