Young Elizabeth Shaw in Prometheus

Started by Darkoo, Jun 18, 2011, 03:35:30 AM

Author
Young Elizabeth Shaw in Prometheus (Read 2,139 times)

Darkoo

Darkoo

According to IMDB Lucy Hutchinson will be playing Young Elizabeth Shaw
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3224117/

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

...huh?  Probably for some flashback scene or something.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, this could have something to do with time dilation.  This is getting really interesting.

Infected

Could be a mind flashback could be a vision could be long space travel could be anything,
we dont even know the role she is playing as an adult.

JaaayDee

She is playing a research scientist on board a science vessel.  Have you read the general description?

CainsSon

Quote from: Infected on Jun 18, 2011, 09:05:23 PM
Could be a mind flashback could be a vision could be long space travel could be anything,

Could be she appears in a photograph or is actually her daughter with the same name, appearing in the background of some video-phone monitor or anything. I hate flashbacks. I especially hate the overused and ridiculous type of flashback that has the character repeatedly flashing back to some event from their childhood that sticks out in their mind, where their father or relative gave them some kinda advice before they blew up or some BS like that. Of course it was somehow cryptic and now they replay this memory in their mind over and over again.... That type of thing is really corny and over used.

Also IMDB lists this as 'uncredited' and that makes no sense. The film isn't even done shooting.

DJ Pu$$yface

IMDB is untrustworthy. Anyone can edit it.

I Made Dat Bit up

Infected

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 19, 2011, 01:00:32 AM
Quote from: Infected on Jun 18, 2011, 09:05:23 PM

Could be she appears in a photograph or is actually her daughter with the same name, appearing in the background of some video-phone monitor or anything. I hate flashbacks. I especially hate the overused and ridiculous type of flashback that has the character repeatedly flashing back to some event from their childhood that sticks out in their mind, where their father or relative gave them some kinda advice before they blew up or some BS like that. Of course it was somehow cryptic and now they replay this memory in their mind over and over again.... That type of thing is really corny and over used.

Also IMDB lists this as 'uncredited' and that makes no sense. The film isn't even done shooting.
I dont like the thing either and has been done so many times like her whole life revolves around that moment.
The only thing that could make it a little interesting is that she encountered these stuff before and is now back for more info and stuff.  ::)

Bat Chain Puller

Interesting.

We've never seen any adult character from any alien film as a child. In a flashback, cosmic vision/hallucination, old photograph/holo-disk, etc. The mere inclusion of this bit means a departure from past formulas and promises something fresh and new (for better or worse.)

In Ridley I trust. He's only made two or three 'meh' features out of something like thirty. 

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 19, 2011, 01:00:32 AM

I agree with you totally here, but there's also another rumour banded about that Prometheus may be set over a number of years.  I dont know how many or even if it's true, but if it was then it might be we see the young Elizabeth Shaw very early on, then fast foward to the future.  Something else Hollywood likes to do a lot of, but I dont think is as bad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed