The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 391,397 times)

P-Rock

P-Rock

Bought. Very happy with the limited editions of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Nightbreed.

Voodoo Magic

Hmm, I have to revisit Event Horizon. I saw it once 20 years ago but didn't enjoy it. Reading some opinions on it here though have persuaded me to give it another chance at some point.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Event Horizon is very underrated imo. Sure it's not very original and takes cues from Alien, Hellraiser and The Shining, but it's a very entertaining sci-fi horror nonetheless with good acting, suspense and a great soundtrack.

If you like Event Horizon there's a good chance you'll dig Pandorum too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The first two-thirds of it or so are excellent. It dips quite badly in its final act but it's still a thoroughly entertaining film. Fishburne and Neill are on top form.

Also, the scene where Neill explains the gravity drive with a centrefold is literally one of my favourites of all-time.

Stitch

Stitch

Steam sale so I picked up MK11 and Injustice 2 to add to my game backlog...

Voodoo Magic

A huge fan of MK told me MK11 was a mixed bag, even though it seems the reviews are pretty favorable.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Jenny dragged me into a giant charity shop near her flat, and to my surprise it had a genuinely amazing selection of DVDs. Picked up Cop Land, Moon, Jet Li's The One and Pitch Black for the grand total of two quid ;D

Voodoo Magic

I so love me some Cop Land.

Huggs

Huggs

Picked up Dragonslayer (1981) on DVD.

Figured I'd see what the fuss is about.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 03, 2020, 10:52:10 AM
Jenny dragged me into a giant charity shop near her flat, and to my surprise it had a genuinely amazing selection of DVDs. Picked up Cop Land, Moon, Jet Li's The One and Pitch Black for the grand total of two quid ;D

You can find a lot of movies in goodwill stores, and the prices are fantastic.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Oh sure, but usually the film's on offer are mostly awful. This one surprised me because they had hundreds and they were almost all really good stuff.

I think because it was such a big store, Cancer Research must send a lot of their better stuff there.

Master Chief

Pre-ordered.

I'm going to drive with it on my lap and slowly lift it to peek out of the window at cars.  ;D

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 05, 2020, 04:03:46 PM
Pre-ordered.

I'm going to drive with it on my lap and slowly lift it to peek out of the window at cars.  ;D

Do it!

He's adorable.

Master Chief

Quote from: PredBabe on Feb 05, 2020, 04:50:45 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 05, 2020, 04:03:46 PM
Pre-ordered.

Do it!

He's adorable.
I'm going to record the reactions...can't wait!

Corporal Hicks

How much?

PredBabe

PredBabe

So I've branched out my figure collection recently... these guys weren't cheap but I couldn't pass them up! Compared to other listing of the Chris figure, I actually got a really good deal.

The detail in the 3 different Joker sculptures is awesome. Love the Arthur Fleck head the most.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed