The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,291 times)

KiramidHead

Thor Ragnarok - Blu-Ray
Shadow of the Vampire - DVD
Thor by Walter Simonson Omnibus

Corporal Hicks

I'm honestly surprised I'd never brought any before. But I went on a little spree at the weekend.

Darwinsgirl

Nice..

I've looked at these online. Is there backing behind the cell? I wondered if it's possible to shine a light through it?

Corporal Hicks

No back. They leave it few so you can get the light behind it.

I saw a different stall after I brought these that was selling some with a fancy back-lighting frame.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Shouldn't be too hard to knock something up. Just make sure you use a bulb that doesn't get too hot. I dunno how much heat you need to damage celluloid but I'd suggest an LED.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 29, 2019, 11:35:45 AM
No back. They leave it few so you can get the light behind it.

I saw a different stall after I brought these that was selling some with a fancy back-lighting frame.

Thanks  :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 29, 2019, 12:14:55 PM
Shouldn't be too hard to knock something up. Just make sure you use a bulb that doesn't get too hot. I dunno how much heat you need to damage celluloid but I'd suggest an LED.

They're a thing you can buy anyway. Just had a quick Google and this one (with an Aliens one no less) came up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35mm-Film-Cell-Display-Frame-Backlight-LED-kit-for-8x10-frame-/303111732629

Voodoo Magic

Where's the Predator goodies?!

Darwinsgirl

Skulls?  ;)

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 29, 2019, 12:14:55 PM
Shouldn't be too hard to knock something up.

People have been doing it since the beginning. ;D

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 29, 2019, 04:12:26 PM

Skulls?  ;)

I actually came here to say that the last thing I bought was 340 plastic skulls.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 29, 2019, 07:57:19 PMPeople have been doing it since the beginning. ;D

Continued my acquisition of the DH Press novels with Aliens: Steel Egg and Aliens: Criminal Enterprise.

The Old One

The Old One

The only film cell I own is a Predators one, from the Blu-Ray Leticular Cinedition.

KiramidHead

I have a film cell that came with my collector's edition DVD of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Prez

Prez

Alita Battle Angel 4K/3D Blu-Ray Steelbook & Hellboy (2019) 4K

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed