The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,665 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 20, 2019, 12:32:56 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jan 20, 2019, 12:26:59 AM
Groceries

Ammo

Supplies for the anti-superbowl party

Anti-Superbowl party. What's that?

My uncle is a veteran. On superbowl sunday, we will be celebrating our servicemen and women, and their sacrifices instead. We walked away from the NFL some time ago.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 20, 2019, 12:49:25 AM
Groceries

Ammo

My uncle is a veteran. On superbowl sunday, we will be celebrating our servicemen and women, and their sacrifices instead. We walked away from the NFL some time ago.

Ah. I get it. My grandfather was a Marine. I disappointed him by trying to go Navy (not actually disappointed, though).

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 20, 2019, 01:05:07 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jan 20, 2019, 12:49:25 AM
Groceries

Ammo

Ah. I get it. My grandfather was a Marine. I disappointed him by trying to go Navy (not actually disappointed, though).

One uncle (deceased) and both grandfathers (deceased) were army. Never really knew any of them. Surviving uncle is retired army. He lives several states away but we'll be talking to and thinking of him that Sunday night.

Corporal Hicks

Finally brought this.  ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Huggs

Huggs

The Austin Powers Collection - Bluray

Haven't seen any of these movies since the last one came out on dvd back in like 2003. Looking forward to seeing them again, now in widescreen and HD.

Corporal Hicks

It was sold as new but when it got here it was scruffed cover, dinged sides. I was so f**king annoyed. I hate buying books from anywhere. They're always damaged in transit or by people not giving a shit about how they treat things in bookstores.  >:(

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That sucks.

I must've had really good luck, but any random AVP stuff I've bought off eBay has always shown up in really good condition (not counting the few novels that were described as "well-read"). Even really old and obscure stuff; the first edition Book of Alien and various Aliens promo magazines I'vs picked up are like new to look at.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2019, 11:26:24 AM
It was sold as new but when it got here it was scruffed cover, dinged sides. I was so f**king annoyed. I hate buying books from anywhere. They're always damaged in transit or by people not giving a shit about how they treat things in bookstores.  >:(

Likewise with mine. I got the Panel to Panel a couple of years ago and it had a huge dog ear on the cover. Same with a recent purchase from Book Depository... the hard still cardboard actually bent the corner edges of the book. Annoying.

That said the Panel to Panel book is incredible. I'd love to see an updated Hardcover edition release with more recent images and perhaps some backstory like DH did for the Art of the Masters of the Universe.

Shasvre

Shasvre

KiramidHead

My nerdiness over the Arthurian legends went supernova:

Still waiting for the order to ship and such.

Valaquen might be jealous heh.

Prez

Prez

This absolute gem of a book collecting Dan Leydon's amazing football art.

Check him out. Solid guy with amazing skills.
https://www.lowculturefc.com/product/football-art-2011-2018

KiramidHead

That scene where Batman axes the Joker to death is a classic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed