The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,778 times)

Corporal Hicks

I've got a set of production used Alien 3 storyboards!  ;D They're all mine though!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Noice.

FiorinaFury161

I only have a film used green tank top, and almost purchased the screen used Queen embryo prop a few years ago (nearly $2,000 for kicks and giggles).

Corporal Hicks

ADI do a cool one that is from the original moulds.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 15, 2018, 02:33:53 PM
Dude, would you stop wasting your money on expensive clothing and spend it all on useless Alien and Predator crap already? :P

It's my philosophy ;D   Books,ALIEN & rocks...

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 15, 2018, 02:33:53 PMSpeaking of, I recently bought the Alien Legacy and Alien Quadrilogy DVD box sets for no legitimate reason, seeing as I already own the Alien Anthology Blu-ray set.

ALIEN Legacy in my humble opinion :laugh: is my favorite of the sets. (easter eggs  ;) Crew files. Loved the screen saver... sadly not compatible anymore :'(  The isolated music score. You hear lines that aren't in the final cut of the film.

* * * * * 5 star purchase!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Mar 15, 2018, 05:22:25 PMALIEN Legacy in my humble opinion :laugh: is my favorite of the sets. (easter eggs  ;) Crew files. Loved the screen saver... sadly not compatible anymore :'(  The isolated music score. You hear lines that aren't in the final cut of the film.

The Easter eggs from the Legacy set are actually in the Anthology. Couldn't tell you where they're hidden, but they're definitely in there :)

But yeah, that alternate soundtrack is what I was getting at when I said it had stuff not in the Blu-ray set. Not had a chance to play it yet, but I'm really looking forward to checking it out.

Baron Von Marlon

Wonder if we could buy some art from Covenant. Would love to have one of "David's" drawings framed on my wall.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 15, 2018, 08:56:27 PM
But yeah, that alternate soundtrack is what I was getting at when I said it had stuff not in the Blu-ray set. Not had a chance to play it yet, but I'm really looking forward to checking it out.

I thought the Anthology had the alternate track but it was missing from the Quad?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

You're thinking of Goldsmith's original (before it was edited for final release) score track. That's on the Blu-ray, along with the final release score, but this is another alternate music track that also includes "production sound" (not entirely sure what that constitutes; Darwinsgirl can probably elaborate, as I said, I've not listened to it yet).

I read online that they had wanted to put it on the Anthology, but it simply wouldn't fit on the disc on top of everything else.

The other thing on the Legacy that appears to be unique is the crab-walk scene. I have a feeling it's glimpsed in one of the documentaries in the Anthology, but the full sequence isn't on there separately, not even as part of the LaserDisc archives, so far as I can tell.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I don't know if this will help Hicks?

I scanned the liner notes from the ALIEN Legacy box set. The isolated music score by Jerry Goldsmith 1st time etc. Is like watching a film from the "silent era" except when the music is cued in

The 2nd feature Isolated Alternative Music & Production Audio Track has the alternate dialogue. 8)

I don't have access to my Quad set so I don't know if the second feature was on it & I haven't checked the Blu-ray Anthology either.

D

P.S
HuDaFuk  there was a package of ALIEN Legacy cards included with the box set.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Mar 16, 2018, 09:19:24 PMI scanned the liner notes from the ALIEN Legacy box set. The isolated music score by Jerry Goldsmith 1st time etc. Is like watching a film from the "silent era" except when the music is cued in

The 2nd feature Isolated Alternative Music & Production Audio Track has the alternate dialogue.  8)

Yeah, the first of those is on the Blu-ray, the second has never been released outside of the Legacy set. Neither is on the Quadrilogy.

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Mar 16, 2018, 09:19:24 PMP.S
HuDaFuk  there was a package of ALIEN Legacy cards included with the box set.

Not in the UK, I don't think. But I do have a set of the cards that I bought separately :) I didn't realise they came with the set. I always thought it was strange they had the same title.

FiorinaFury161

My seat for the CPC exam in May! (Sorry it's not luxury designer clothing related Huda ;) )

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 16, 2018, 10:33:32 PM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Mar 16, 2018, 09:19:24 PMI scanned the liner notes from the ALIEN Legacy box set. The isolated music score by Jerry Goldsmith 1st time etc. Is like watching a film from the "silent era" except when the music is cued in

The 2nd feature Isolated Alternative Music & Production Audio Track has the alternate dialogue.  8)

Yeah, the first of those is on the Blu-ray, the second has never been released outside of the Legacy set. Neither is on the Quadrilogy.

I don't think I ever actually watched that and I gave my Legacy set away after I got the Quadrilogy. Might have to grab another copy then.

Whiskeybrewer

Anchorman 2-disc Blu ray - The Rich Mahogany Edition with Wake Up, Ron Burgandy

Anchorman 2 - The Legend Continues 2-Disc Blu Ray

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2018, 08:35:11 AMI don't think I ever actually watched that and I gave my Legacy set away after I got the Quadrilogy. Might have to grab another copy then.

That's basically the reason I picked it up. I only bought the Quadrilogy as well for the sake of completeness, especially given that I still have the separate two-disc sets derived from it from back in the day.

So I now own the Alien films four times over. Five times in the case of the first three, if you count my Facehugger VHS case that I can't even watch :laugh:

I've definitely crossed into pointless collector territory now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed