The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 391,455 times)

Darwinsgirl

A Comic Collector data app for your smart phone. I love it! ;D

They have a free trial version where you can add up 100 items free. Which I did. After entering 80 the first day I bought the unlimited for a one time fee of $15.00. I wanted this for my ALIEN related magazines Starlog,Famous Monsters,Fangoria. While magazines are a small part of this you can manually add titles. I tagged them so I know what mags have articles relating to the first four films..Giger..Ridley..etc. I haven't even begun to enter my comics yet :D

https://www.collectorz.com/comic/clz-comics

I don't mean for this to sound like a commercial... I'm just so pleased with it :)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Feb 24, 2018, 12:11:25 AM

A Comic Collector data app for your smart phone. I love it! ;D

They have a free trial version where you can add up 100 items free. Which I did. After entering 80 the first day I bought the unlimited for a one time fee of $15.00. I wanted this for my ALIEN related magazines Starlog,Famous Monsters,Fangoria. While magazines are a small part of this you can manually add titles. I tagged them so I know what mags have articles relating to the first four films..Giger..Ridley..etc. I haven't even begun to enter my comics yet :D

https://www.collectorz.com/comic/clz-comics

I don't mean for this to sound like a commercial... I'm just so pleased with it :)

Hmmm. Interesting. I might need to have a squiz at this app.

Whiskeybrewer

Nightbreed - Theatrical Version DVD

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

A book, a film and some music.

Picked up Ready Player One as I've heard nothing but praise for it and what little I know about it sounds right up my street.

Went in HMV and got their exclusive fancypants steelbook edition of Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

And finally manged to track down a CD box set that I've been after for years by a band that no one will have heard of lol.

Oh yeah, as I mentioned in the Currently Playing thread I also got Borderlands 2: The Handsome Collection off PSN because they've got it at a whacking 80% off currently.

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 05, 2018, 03:20:34 PM

And finally manged to track down a CD box set that I've been after for years by a band that no one will have heard of lol.

Challenge accepted!

PVTDukeMorrison

US M1 Garand from December 1942, manufactured by Winchester. Set me back for the low, low price of $1700

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Mar 05, 2018, 08:55:39 PMChallenge accepted!

Lol. It's a collection of the first three albums by an 80s supergroup project called Phenomena. If you've never heard of it, it's kinda hard to describe... It was never really a fixed band, more an ever-changing lineup of big names in rock music who were brought together to record songs that were then compiled into albums.

I got onto them because both Brian May from Queen and Scott Gorham from Thin Lizzy were involved at one point or another. The albums have all been out of print for years (and I don't think they ever sold in huge numbers anyway) so they're incredibly hard to find. It's taken me a long time to track down a copy of this three-disc collection for anything other than an extortionate price.

FiorinaFury161

Lost that challenge :laugh:

Sounds interesting tho, to yt!

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 06, 2018, 08:44:25 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Mar 05, 2018, 08:55:39 PMChallenge accepted!

Lol. It's a collection of the first three albums by an 80s supergroup project called Phenomena. If you've never heard of it, it's kinda hard to describe... It was never really a fixed band, more an ever-changing lineup of big names in rock music who were brought together to record songs that were then compiled into albums.

I got onto them because both Brian May from Queen and Scott Gorham from Thin Lizzy were involved at one point or another. The albums have all been out of print for years (and I don't think they ever sold in huge numbers anyway) so they're incredibly hard to find. It's taken me a long time to track down a copy of this three-disc collection for anything other than an extortionate price.

And in I stroll. Great set of albums. A friend of my mums used to have the CD's. Cant remember is Glenn Hughes was sober when he did these. Mel Galley really put something together with these

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 06, 2018, 02:23:18 PMAnd in I stroll.

;D

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 06, 2018, 02:23:18 PMCant remember is Glenn Hughes was sober when he did these.

I don't think he was, but his performance is good all the same.

If I have any criticism of the albums, it's that the talent involved should've been given better songs to work with - too many of the tracks veer towards generic. That said, they're still fun listens and it's interesting to hear so many famous names jamming together.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 06, 2018, 02:34:20 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 06, 2018, 02:23:18 PMAnd in I stroll.

;D

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 06, 2018, 02:23:18 PMCant remember is Glenn Hughes was sober when he did these.

I don't think he was, but his performance is good all the same.

If I have any criticism of the albums, it's that the talent involved should've been given better songs to work with - too many of the tracks veer towards generic. That said, they're still fun listens and it's interesting to hear so many famous names jamming together.

I recon that probably had to do with Galley writing all the songs himself or with his brother. rather than getting the guest stars to help

FiorinaFury161

@WB why am I not surprised you heard of that group :laugh:

Michael Crichton- The Lost World signed 1st edition hardback book

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It probably constitutes sacrilege, but I always preferred the second book to the first.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I have yet to read both (I know, I know, I know :P ), so I am interested to see what the major differences are between the films. I can't wait to read about the river raft adventure in JP, as I am going to get the 1st edition/1st print of that too! :D

If it helps, the second film is just as good as the first IMO.

Michael Crichton - Jurassic Park 1st print, 1st edition hardback book

Cause 1st editions rock

KiramidHead

Aside from one or two things, The Lost World is entirely different from the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed