The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,258 times)

KiramidHead

Between a hefty tax refund and a large birthday gift card, I went and made some heavy duty purchases:

-Rome Season 2 DVD: because I must have more! I predict serious withdrawl once I'm done with the series. :laugh:

-Richard Matheson's I Am Legend Screenplay - I already have this as part of a collection, but I've wrecked that book from scanning the pages in. That and I'm a big I Am Legend and Matheson fanboy, so yeah... ;D

-The Wire: The Complete Series: Rome has more or less been my gateway drug to HBO shows, and being a born Marylander and big Elba fanboy, I had to go for this one. :)

-Zatoichi: The Bling Swordsman: 25 film Criterion set. Oh yeah, samurai action. 8)

Tarzan: The Novels: Vol 1 (Books 1-6): I've always meant to read more Burroughs. I love The Land that Time Forgot and the first Mars book, so I might as well move on to his most famous creation. :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 24, 2017, 03:08:19 AM-The Wire: The Complete Series: Rome has more or less been my gateway drug to HBO shows, and being a born Marylander and big Elba fanboy, I had to go for this one. :)

I know it became kind of the hip thing to say back when it was on, but that really is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Fantastic.

skhellter

Season 2 of The Wire is probably the best season of television ever made.

Believe the hype.

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 24, 2017, 09:23:38 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 24, 2017, 03:08:19 AM-The Wire: The Complete Series: Rome has more or less been my gateway drug to HBO shows, and being a born Marylander and big Elba fanboy, I had to go for this one. :)

I know it became kind of the hip thing to say back when it was on, but that really is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Fantastic.

I've seen that happen with both Breaking Bad and True Detective. Both of them at least partly earned the hype. Too bad about TD Season 2... :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

See, with Breaking Bad I didn't really get all the hype. It was certainly a good show but I didn't think it was worthy of people losing their minds over it like they did.

The Wire really is one of the best series I've ever seen, though.

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 24, 2017, 03:46:34 PM
See, with Breaking Bad I didn't really get all the hype. It was certainly a good show but I didn't think it was worthy of people losing their minds over it like they did.
As one of the few people on here who watched it from the very beginning since season one episode one WHILE IT WAS LIVE, it was torture waiting for the next season to begin. Each time was a nine month wait between seasons. Worth the wait every time too.

KiramidHead

I loved Breaking Bad myself, but every season bar the last had a 2-3 episode lull where not much of interest would happen. They were mainly Skyler focused episodes. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

For the record, I thoroughly enjoyed the show, I just didn't agree that it was one of the greatest things ever :)

Whiskeybrewer

Oh I have got so much the past few days:

Aliens: Colouring Book

Prince - Hit and Run Phase One

Prince - Hit and Run Phase Two

David Bowie - Low

The Windmill Massacre

The Green Inferno

The Collector

The Collection

Jeune et Jolie (Young and Beautiful)

Fleetwood Mac - Alternate Mirage (Record Store Day Exclusive)

Moana O/S - How Far Ill Go b/w Youre Welcome 7" (Record Store Day Exclusive)

Def Leppard - The Def Leppard Ep 12" (Record Store Day Exclusive)

Toto - Africa/Rosanna Shaped Picture Disc (Record Store Day Exclusive)

Sting - Live at the Bataclan (Record Store Day Exclusive)

Thunder - 29 Minutes Later (Record Store Day Exclusive)

Placebo ft David Bowie - WithOut You Im Nothing 12" (Record Store Day Exclusive)

ASAP - Silver and Gold 12" Single

ASAP - Down the Wire 12" Single

and a couple more things I cant remember off the top of my head lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

You remember when I said I pictured Fiorina's wardrobe as looking like the warehouse from the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Same for you, except with music :P

FiorinaFury161

You'd be surprised at what I have collected over the years too.

Thank you for the compliment as well. Wait until I get another pair of Gucci sneakers with Gucci socks :laugh:

KiramidHead

You're gonna be buying Gucci saddle bags next.

Spoiler
[close]

FiorinaFury161

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 25, 2017, 01:18:09 PM
You remember when I said I pictured Fiorina's wardrobe as looking like the warehouse from the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Same for you, except with music :P

Honestly thats very true lol

Who's looking after it? A&R Men lol

Aliens - Dead Orbit #1

Promtheous: Life and Death - Final Conflict One Shot

Aliens: Defiance #11

Doctor Who: The Ninth Doctor Year One #12

The Power of the Dark Crystal #2

A Large Comic Storage Box

Magazine slips

Magazine Backboards

10x Trading card sleeves

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The last one at TRU... on Alien Day :D

Plus something non Alien related, but I will post about it when they get here... :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed