The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,928 times)

FiorinaFury161

"A much needed oil change..." For my car

Just found out the seller that they could not locate the hanger, so I did get a refund. Heck, I needed the hanger more than the money! :(

THE CITY HUNTER

The leather jacket came in(need to figure out how to uplad pictures from my phone to this website)

Novak 1334

An American Werewolf in London: Special Edition for 75p

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Sep 12, 2016, 03:37:09 PM
An American Werewolf in London: Special Edition for 75p

Nice ;)

THE CITY HUNTER

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

A bunch of DVDs.

Two action/thriller films from the year of my birth - Wanted: Dead or Alive, about Rutger Hauer bounty hunting terrorist Gene Simmons (lol), and The Hidden, about a body-snatching alien that's just out to f*ck shit up for the lulz. Never seen either but heard decent things.

Also bought The Hot Spot, a neo-noir directed by Dennis Hopper and starring Don Johnson. First became interested due to my on-going (now almost complete) re-watch of Miami Vice, but what sold it was the fact Jennifer Connelly is in it, who I think I'm in love with :P

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 08, 2016, 03:01:55 PM
Quote from: Prez on Sep 08, 2016, 12:53:53 PM
Finally got my hands on this!!

https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/13-398/Aliens-Predator-Panel-to-Panel-TPB

Nice :)

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 08, 2016, 01:47:06 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Nice one! Really liked the location and settings in this short but sweet Alien type of story! Not many liked it, It's in my top 5.

Well I gotta agree with you, I really enjoyed it myself. I went in with low expectations but was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 14, 2016, 02:06:43 AM
Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 08, 2016, 03:01:55 PM

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 08, 2016, 01:47:06 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Nice one! Really liked the location and settings in this short but sweet Alien type of story! Not many liked it, It's in my top 5.

Well I gotta agree with you, I really enjoyed it myself. I went in with low expectations but was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Awesome, I thought I was the only one here who likes an good old fashioned Alien story. Not sure why people don't like this one, the locations are sick! It's kind of short for a HC though, but still, love the atmosphere.

Corporal Hicks

It's been a good few years since I read it but from what I remember it was a gorgeous book but the story was short and pointless and the characters walking stereotypes with an abrupt end.

Whiskeybrewer

Doctor Who : Supremacy of the Cybermen Issue #3

Doctor Who : The Third Doctor Adventures Issue #1

Prometheus : Life and Death Issue #4

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 14, 2016, 07:35:41 AM
It's been a good few years since I read it but from what I remember it was a gorgeous book but the story was short and pointless and the characters walking stereotypes with an abrupt end.

Well for the most part I can't deny any of that. But the gorgeous art,  the setting, and the atmosphere of the book were all phenomenal. I didn't have a problem with any of the characters, only the military guy seemed cliche, it still didn't really bother me.

I liked the ending too, with the scientists all agreeing to kill themselves and the creature rather than trying to escape which would give the creature chance to get back to the "heaven" station where there were lots of people.

It was a small contained story, reminded me of Sacrifice & Salvation. (though not as good obviously)

THE CITY HUNTER

Bought a doom classic shirt from primary.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Pointed this out to Hicks on the old Book of Face the other day and now they're doing T-shirts, so of course I had to have one...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed