The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,884 times)

Nostromo

Nostromo

I couldn't wait for a deal any longer so I finally did it. I've spent $35 US on worse things lol. Now if I could only find that Aliens Colonial Marines Sega comic....

windebieste

windebieste

The 'ALIEN: Isolation' comic is worth having.

EDiT:

Also, this box of old toys arrived on my doorstep yesterday. 

1x 1976 IDEAL's 'Jaws - The Game' shark and tokens (Now 40 years old.)
1x 1978 Kenner Products 15 inch tall Darth Vader (Missing cape and light saber.) otherwise in OK condition.
1x 1979 Kenner Products 18 inch tall Alien (Missing carapace and shoulder spike.) otherwise in average condition.
1x 1979 Kenner Products 18 inch tall Alien (With the shit kicked out of him) generally in poor condition, but still very useful to me.

Plus a bunch of loose  1979 Kenner Products 18 inch tall Alien parts that will be used for other restoration figure Projects:
2x Right arms.
1x Head, includes all 4 mouth parts.  Nice.
1x Quad dorsal appendage assembly.  Complete.
1x Tail in great condition.

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 07, 2016, 04:33:41 AMI couldn't wait for a deal any longer so I finally did it. I've spent $35 US on worse things lol. Now if I could only find that Aliens Colonial Marines Sega comic....

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/alienanthology/images/6/61/Alien_Isolation_comic_cover.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140903143634

I managed to nab a digital copy when Creative Assembly briefly had it up on their site. It's a neat companion.

Corporal Hicks

Pretty sure I put it up on here to download.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

This thing arrived yesterday

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2016, 03:04:29 PMPretty sure I put it up on here to download.

Pretty sure it might've been me that told you about it :P

Whiskeybrewer

ASaP - Silver and Gold 12" album :) for £5

Prez

426Buddy

426Buddy

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

It's funny, when I was a lil boy I was rummaging through my fathers large collection of heavy metal mags and I came across the Alien Illustrated Story, I flipped through it a lil but had to put it away before I was caught.

Years later when I was 9 I finally watched Alien (having already seen 2 and 3 lots of times.) I was reminded of the illustrated story my dad had, so I tried to find it but unfortunatly I couldnt. Every so many years since then I would look for it, my dad didn't know where it was either. Sadly I never did find it, so today I gave in and ordered a new copy.

I'll always wish I still had dads original copy.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 08, 2016, 01:47:06 PM

Despite not really being a comic book guy, that is one awesome comic.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Prez on Sep 08, 2016, 12:53:53 PM
Finally got my hands on this!!

https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/13-398/Aliens-Predator-Panel-to-Panel-TPB

Nice :)

Spoiler
[close]

Nice one! Really liked the location and settings in this short but sweet Alien type of story! Not many liked it, It's in my top 5.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 08, 2016, 03:01:55 PM
Quote from: Prez on Sep 08, 2016, 12:53:53 PM
Finally got my hands on this!!

https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/13-398/Aliens-Predator-Panel-to-Panel-TPB

Nice :)

Spoiler
[close]

Nice one! Really liked the location and settings in this short but sweet Alien type of story! Not many liked it, It's in my top 5.

Yeah i've never heard anything good about Fast Track, but the art is awesome so I have to have it.

Corporal Hicks

Can't say it's one I'd recommend - though the art is gorgeous. Oddly enough, I'd recommend Inhuman Condition over it. Recommending a book Sam Keith illustrated? That's sacrilege.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Found out I got a tad extra spending money in my paycheck, so I picked these up:

Vintage Pittsburgh Gay Pride mug (very rare), managed to talk the seller down too

Armani Collezioni suit wood hanger, to replace the broken plastic one currently holding my Armani Collezioni pinstripe suit. The shipping cost more than the hanger itself lol

edit: A MUCH needed and overdue oil change as well.

Nostromo

Nostromo

A real oil change? lol.../hides

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed