The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,316 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Watch. Faint. Repeat.

OmegaZilla

Corporal Hicks

Just brought the latest Stargate novel, a little anthology:

From the early days of "Todd" the Wraith to Teal'c's first experience of the SGC, from Atlantis' past and future to good old-fashioned SG-1 adventures, Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis: Far Horizons brings you a wealth of exciting stories from across the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies.

Whether you're a fan of STARGATE SG-1 or STARGATE ATLANTIS, there's something for everyone in our first anthology of Travelers' Tales, with ten short stories from ten fantastic Stargate authors:

Jo Graham - Co-author of the STARGATE ATLANTIS Legacy series, co-author of STARGATE SG-1: Moebius Squared, author of STARGATE ATLANTIS: Death Game
    Melissa Scott - Co-author of the STARGATE ATLANTIS Legacy series, co-author of STARGATE SG-1: Moebius Squared, author of STARGATE SG-1: Ouroboros
    Peter J. Evans - Author of STARGATE SG-1: Oceans of Dust, STARGATE ATLANTIS: Angelus
    Amy Griswold - Co-author of the STARGATE ATLANTIS Legacy series, author of STARGATE SG-1: Heart's Desire
    Keith R.A. DeCandido - Author of an upcoming Stargate novel
    Suzanne Wood - Author of STARGATE SG-1: The Barque of Heaven
    Diana Dru Botsford - Author of STARGATE SG-1: Four Dragons, STARGATE SG-1: The Drift
    Geonn Cannon - Author of STARGATE SG-1: Two Roads
    Sabine C. Bauer - Author of STARGATE SG-1: Trial by Fire, STARGATE SG-1: Survival of the Fittest, STARGATE SG-1: Transitions, STARGATE ATLANTIS: Mirror Mirror
    Sally Malcolm - Commissioning editor at Fandemonium Books and author of STARGATE SG-1: A Matter of Honor and the sequel STARGATE SG-1: The Cost of Honor, co-author of STARGATE SG-1: Hostile Ground, STARGATE ATLANTIS: Rising

http://stargatenovels.com/SGX-01-Stargate-SG1-Stargate-Atlantis-Far-Horizons.shtml

Really looking forward to it.

First Blood

Steelbook

SpaceMarines

The Complete Plays of William Shakespeare

Not sure if I needed this or not, but 'twas on sale and $10.

First Blood

Everybody should read some Bill at least once. Macbeth is awesome.

SpaceMarines

Aye. But Othello is awful, and I have it too.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 12, 2014, 10:55:57 PM
Steelbook

You better have your suitcase of, um, stuff, to go with that! That movie really helped me during my first LSD trip, same with Up In Smoke.

edit: Not that I suggest or promote recreational use of substances.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 12, 2014, 11:23:23 PM
Everybody should read some Bill at least once. Macbeth is awesome.

I admittedly haven't read much Shakespeare, but Hamlet's my favorite of what I have.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Hamlet is excellent.

Romeo & Juliet, though...

SpaceMarines

It's fun up until Tybalt and Mercutio die, and Benvolio seemingly disappears off the face of the planet.

Goddamn protagonists ruining all the good stuff...

Crazy Rich

I've read Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Macbeth and The Merchant of Venice.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Macbeth is one of my favourites. I've grown tired of Romeo and Juliet only because that story has been retold so many times now in one way or another that I'm sick to death of it.

First Blood

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 13, 2014, 01:18:18 PM
Macbeth is one of my favourites. I've grown tired of Romeo and Juliet only because that story has been retold so many times now in one way or another that I'm sick to death of it.

Give me my longsword, ho!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed