The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,872 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 10, 2013, 02:17:21 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 09, 2013, 04:35:49 AM
The Neon Genesis Evangelion Series  :)
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2013, 03:31:27 PM
So much mahnigga.jpeg right now.
Sweeps... it possibly one of the best decisions of my life.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 10, 2013, 02:17:21 AM
Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 09, 2013, 09:50:48 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 09, 2013, 09:45:25 PMAnd I plan to give Supernatural a go once I'm finished with this 8)

Get BSG over with so you can start enjoying the real good stuff. ;)

PSHHHHHHHHH
Right.

You know you want to give it a shot as well, Sweeper. ;)

Space Sweeper

But I heard (from you, no less) that it goes so downhill to the point of using that jingly network TV comedy moment music, as you described as being 'Look what the Winchesters did'... I don't think I can bear that. ;-;

I just don't want to start a show that has an ending I'll never want to reach.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 10, 2013, 11:03:52 AM
But I heard (from you, no less) that it goes so downhill to the point of using that jingly network TV comedy moment music, as you described as being 'Look what the Winchesters did'... I don't think I can bear that. ;-;

You can easily just watch the show until season 5. S5 is literally the end of that chapter of their life, and you can leave from there.

Rong

Rong

Don't do it sweeper your better than that.

Go watch gits:sac, and second gig, or even misfits

Space Sweeper

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 10, 2013, 11:07:12 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 10, 2013, 11:03:52 AM

You can easily just watch the show until season 5. S5 is literally the end of that chapter of their life, and you can leave from there.
I don't know, I'm a pretty big completionist/continuity freak. Just knowing that there's more would ruin it for me. It's like why I tell people to watch End of Evangelion before watching the near zero-budget final two episodes; I didn't do it that way and I had two character deaths somewhat unceremoniously 'spoiled' for me, since I knew they had to come in EoE. I'm not saying the final two episodes should be completely ignored, but EoE serves as a true intended ending, and the final two series episodes, for that being what they were trying to express, are better watched in conclusion as something as an alternate bonus instead of the other way around.

Uh, but on topic, the point I'm making is that I don't think cutting it off while fully knowing that there's more to see wouldn't work for me. Even if the 'more' is abysmal in comparison.

Quote from: Rong Swanton on Feb 10, 2013, 11:15:50 AM
Don't do it sweeper your better than that.

Go watch gits:sac, and second gig, or even misfits
Already watched all of SAC, moving on to 2nd GiG next week. :J
As for Misfits, that's been on my liveaction to-watch list for a while; gonna check it out after I get caught up on Boardwalk Empire.

coolbreeze

Watch Justified.  8)

Space Sweeper

That's one I'm interested in as well. It's on Netflix, so it's easily accessible, too.

coolbreeze

It's a good one.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I understand your point about Supernatural, Sweeper. That's why I continue to watch the show myself. I do agree with ShadowPred as well however, that Season 5 provides a very satisfying ending to the show. I really think you would like it up to that point. :)

And joking aside, I am curious to continue BSG myself as well. I just think I needed a short break after those two seasons and then jump back in with an open mind. :)

Rick Grimes

Buy the complete series of BSG, better deal.

SpaceMarines

I should try getting back into Supernatural. I remember I watched it a bunch when the first and second seasons were coming out on TV, but I just sorta stopped for whatever reason.

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 10, 2013, 04:13:28 PM
And joking aside, I am curious to continue BSG myself as well. I just think I needed a short break after those two seasons and then jump back in with an open mind. :)

Good, good.

The first four episodes of season three should be watched in a single sitting, I think. Together they form one of the most emotional rides I've ever witnessed in all of television. The ending of the season is top-notch, as well. The middle... to put it bluntly, the middle of Season 3 is the worst part of the entire series (although it's still pretty good).

First Blood

First Blood

Spoiler
The trail of Baltar, perhaps one of my favorite moments out of that season.
[close]

SpaceMarines

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 11, 2013, 12:02:04 AM
Spoiler
The trail of Baltar, perhaps one of my favorite moments out of that season.
[close]

That's the end of Season 3, man. ;)

First Blood

Whoops. Getting my seasons mixed up here. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed