The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 391,398 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

It's a pin. ;)

First Blood

f**k me. Read that too fast.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

An ideal gift for a friend (who's a 17 year old girl).  :laugh:

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 20, 2012, 01:15:57 AM
I still don't know the details of what went down, at least.

Brace yourself, it gets pretty gory when it comes to issue 100. Things get brutal for you know who.

NavyReservist

Three Little Golden Books for my two year olds birthday in January he will be three wow..... He's getting big!  :D

Eva

Eva

Thinking about dropping this into my Amazon basket at £30:

Does anyone have this set with all 5 released books so far? If so, do you think it's a fair price for this set?

Shasvre

Shasvre

The price seems pretty fair, as far as I can tell. Don't know how much they charge for single paperbacks on Amazon though. Not that the prize should be an issue when it comes to quality writing like this. Seven Hells, read them! ;D

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 27, 2012, 07:31:50 PM
The price seems pretty fair, as far as I can tell. Don't know how much they charge for single paperbacks on Amazon though. Not that the prize should be an issue when it comes to quality writing like this. Seven Hells, read them! ;D

Yeah, the price seems fair. I can find a similar set at cdon.dk priced about the same, but 'pocket-sized'. The individual releases - that seems a bit pointless unless you have some of the books already. Not even going to bother with the hardback editions - some of those stand alone releases, are priced about the same as this entire set and all you get, is basically a cardboard wrapping of the book.

PS: was it you who got this recently?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inside-HBOs-Thrones-Bryan-Cogman/dp/0575093145/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354045281&sr=1-3

If so, how do you like it? Does it cover both seasons made so far or only the first one? :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yup, that's the one. It's mostly focused on Season 1, but with some Season 2 stuff in there as well. I think the author said that whatever they couldn't fit from Season 2, they would have in the next book. Would have been nice with some more concept art in my opinion, but it works really well as a visual companion.

NavyReservist

Spoiler
[close]
I spoil my little boy sometimes! He's just too sweet hahaha!

Eva

Eva

Nice - I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm gonna spoil my nephew: suspend him from the ceiling upside down.  :)

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 27, 2012, 07:52:47 PM
Yup, that's the one. It's mostly focused on Season 1, but with some Season 2 stuff in there as well. I think the author said that whatever they couldn't fit from Season 2, they would have in the next book. Would have been nice with some more concept art in my opinion, but it works really well as a visual companion.

Hmmm... if there's a second book coming, I might wanna wait for a double-deal or something. I wish some of the local bookstores had this in their inventory, so I could check it out.

Predator Queen

Quote from: Amaterasu on Nov 24, 2012, 08:35:10 PM
http://actionfigurecanada.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/captain_squad.jpg?w=441&h=320

An ideal gift for a friend (who's a 17 year old girl).  :laugh:
You bought a box of themed aborted fetuses?

PREDATOR-HUNTER_2168

I spoiled my self over the weekend :) and i got far cry 3 today

Astro A50 headset (for my PS3)

Nightlord

Nightlord

Nightmare Asylum

Managed to order them for a decent price used. Its not Blu Ray, but its the Extended Editions, at least. I'll hold off on BLu for a few years until there's some LotR/Hobbit mega-pack out there :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed