The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,398 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

But can you imagine the character as anyone but Pam Grier when you read? Because in the novel she's white :laugh:

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on May 28, 2012, 05:40:06 PM
But can you imagine the character as anyone but Pam Grier when you read? Because in the novel she's white :laugh:

Now that you mention it, no. I'll have Grier's image plastered across my brain as I read it. :laugh:

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 02, 2012, 01:55:42 AM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 31, 2012, 01:04:28 PM
Nice, my girlfriend likes the Abhorsen books, I don't think that cover is as good as the covers her copies have though.
Does she have the ones with the illustrated covers or with the symbols and flames on the front? I love the gorgeous cover illustrations for the original first editions, but nothing can overcome my love of hardback omnibuses! :laugh:

the ones she has have a little bit of illustrated landscape at the bottom and then a kind of rune like symbol in the middle of the cover, the ones on the bottom row of this image
http://worldofcovers.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/garthnix_oldkingdom.jpg

anyway, last thing i bought, well, i have a bid on a TV on ebay that is ending in about 5 hours, so with any luck, that,

Deathbearer

Bat Chain Puller

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Seeing as I'm a huge Monster Hunter fanboy, there aren't enough gifs to describe my excitement.

Quote from: AvatarIII on May 29, 2012, 01:37:50 PM
anyway, last thing i bought, well, i have a bid on a TV on ebay that is ending in about 5 hours, so with any luck, that,

I won the TV! it got to my maximum bid though, which was annoying, but hopefully i was be happy with ti, and a £500 well spent.
it's an LG LED HD Passive 3D Smart TV, wow that's a mouthful.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Snowdog on May 28, 2012, 11:15:08 AM
Prometheus tickets !!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Same here 8) ;D

Cvalda

Cvalda

And it only cost $37! :'(

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

So worth it though! 8)

Rick Grimes

Last thing I bought was an Avengers T-shirt. It was Old Navy's most popular shirt and every store i went to had none in my size, that or they didn't have any shirts left and were sold out; after going to South Carolina, I stopped by the Old Navy store there, and found the last shirt available in my size, I snatched that shit up and bought it.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

That's ok - now Cvalda has something truly great to listen to on her daily treks to and from work. You know, the glass is half full and all that...  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed