The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 393,296 times)

Corporal Hicks

I really find her attractive but I don't understand why.

Corporal Hicks

Just won the original storyboards used in the commercial that everyone thought was from Operation Aliens.  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

So if it wasn't for the cartoon, what was it for?

Corporal Hicks

An animated commercial for the Kenner toys. Have a read - https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=59759.0

The guy is apparently writing a blog about it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ooh, interesting. Thanks for the share!

PVTDukeMorrison

Springfield 1903 Rifle dated July 1918, battle damage in the stock is a good indication it saw combat. In the event that I have to shoot nazis from a bell tower while reciting bible verses, this'll be my rifle of choice.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 11, 2018, 02:38:53 PM
Ooh, interesting. Thanks for the share!

No worries. Really looking forward to hear what he has to say.

Baron Von Marlon

Wanted to buy a jacket but barely anything in the stores.
How come when I go to an official store they don't have any jackets from the new collection?
Now I'm gonna have to order online and I don't like that when it comes to jackets.

Did see a sweet Paul & Shark polo shirt but it was 150. So I think I'm gonna buy another jacket instead.
Been a while since I treated myself so f**k it.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 10, 2018, 07:20:58 AM
I really find her attractive but I don't understand why.

Maybe you just wanna hate-bang her  ;D

KiramidHead

Finally bought Preacher Season 2.

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 17, 2018, 12:49:54 PM
https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51DpTIO%2BdoL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIAmznPrime%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C-5_PIStarRatingFOURANDHALF%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Wanted to buy a jacket but barely anything in the stores.
How come when I go to an official store they don't have any jackets from the new collection?
Now I'm gonna have to order online and I don't like that when it comes to jackets.

Did see a sweet Paul & Shark polo shirt but it was 150. So I think I'm gonna buy another jacket instead.
Been a while since I treated myself so f**k it.
What designer of a jacket? Depending on where you live, most luxury designer boutiques will at least be able to order it for you. The Armani boutique in NYC (5th Avenue) had literally everything from the current season and more not available online. One of the heavy coats I was looking at was almost $4,000 but looked and felt like a lot more than that.

Never heard of Paul & Shark btw. $150 for a polo really isn't that bad, as long as the quality and materials are top notch. I seen some Givenchy and Tom Ford polos for well over $1,000 a piece...  :o

Since I am here, I purchased three Armani Collezioni polos for the new job and arrived today. Also picked up this:

Lanvin (Paris) - Camel gold silk tie

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 17, 2018, 10:11:13 PMWhat designer of a jacket? Depending on where you live, most luxury designer boutiques will at least be able to order it for you. The Armani boutique in NYC (5th Avenue) had literally everything from the current season and more not available online. One of the heavy coats I was looking at was almost $4,000 but looked and felt like a lot more than that.

Never heard of Paul & Shark btw. $150 for a polo really isn't that bad, as long as the quality and materials are top notch. I seen some Givenchy and Tom Ford polos for well over $1,000 a piece...  :o

Lacoste. I'm pretty sure they can order it but I just hate all the hassle. I don't know my size and even then, it might look bad irl. Then I have to say I don't want it and I'm not sure how the store will deal with that. It's possible I have to pay an advance too. Like I said, too much hassel for me for just a jacket.
And it pisses me off that it's more expensive in Europe than in the US even though it's a French brand.
The US site also has sales items left, unlike the local version of their site.

Paul & Shark is an Italian yachting brand. I like a lot of their clothing but overal it's too expensive for me.

I used to be quite into brands because of the whole football casual culture. Lacoste, Burberry, Stone Island, CP Company, Henri Lloyd, Hackett, Aquascutum,...
I still like and wear the clothing. But I barely buy anything anymore. Quit going to games, "lost" friends, barely go out and I still got a closet full of stuff.

You're from NY? If I ever come over, we'll go shopping  ;D

FiorinaFury161

Actually, I am near Pittsburgh, PA. We only have one central high end designer destination here. It is technically a mall, but has Burberry, Emporio Armani, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, and Tory Bursch boutiques, along with the high end department store Nordstrom. The mall is ALWAYS busy, which is a very, very rare sight in today's world. Everyone in my area loves Gucci, but I find their quality is good, but far less than Givenchy, Balenciaga, or even Maison Margelia. Granted, some of Gucci's shoes are simply awesome (like my emoji leather sneakers), but a majority of everything else is very low quality.

If I were you, I would get the Lacoste jacket and tell everyone too bad if they don't like it :P

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 18, 2018, 12:23:22 AM
Actually, I am near Pittsburgh, PA. We only have one central high end designer destination here. It is technically a mall, but has Burberry, Emporio Armani, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, and Tory Bursch boutiques, along with the high end department store Nordstrom. The mall is ALWAYS busy, which is a very, very rare sight in today's world. Everyone in my area loves Gucci, but I find their quality is good, but far less than Givenchy, Balenciaga, or even Maison Margelia. Granted, some of Gucci's shoes are simply awesome (like my emoji leather sneakers), but a majority of everything else is very low quality.

If I were you, I would get the Lacoste jacket and tell everyone too bad if they don't like it :P

That far from NY? Not that familiar with American geography.
I think those brands you mention are available around here. But I'm not really familiar with them. Too expensive for my taste and I like to dress a little more casual.

I meant that if should not like the jacket and don't want it, the guy in the store might not like it that the order was for nothing.
I wouldn't care if I like something and other people don't.
Got into Lacoste about 15 years ago. Their sneakers fit me well and I like their sizing system for polo shirts. They work with numbers so you got something in between the usual s,m,l, xl,... sizes.
And their classic clothes are timeless.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

A couple of random Alien-related bits and pieces.

Alien Trilogy for the PS1, which happily works on my PS3, and Starlog Scrapbook #6, which has some biographies for the Marines in Aliens.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 18, 2018, 07:40:23 AM
Alien Trilogy for the PS1, which happily works on my PS3, and Starlog Scrapbook #6, which has some biographies for the Marines in Aliens.

Ooohhh, anything interesting?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed