The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 392,997 times)

FiorinaFury161

Lots of heathly, delicious food for the week/early next week... This got picked up the other day:

Kansas City Royals 47 Brand "MLB Hot Corner 47 FRANCHISE Cap"

FiorinaFury161

I am now a subscriber to The Nome Nugget weekly newspaper, which is Alaska's oldest newspaper still in print. :)

Corporal Hicks

Just brought the new Stargate SG-1 novel. Hate the title but I hear the book is actually really good.

Corporal Hicks

I've been umming and ahhing over Dice Masters recently. I nearly picked up an Xmen Starter yesterday. Ended up picking up a JLA one today and absolutely loved it. Now want everything xD

Corporal Hicks

Just brought my buddy this for his bday:

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

While I can not post a picture, I recently picked up a VERY rare first print hardcover edition of the Original Reconnaissances of Cape Nome/Norton Bay (Alaska) by the US Geological Society from 1900. It was made quickly to help miners and the government during the Alaskan Gold Rush. It is a masterpiece of work, with details extremely accurate and maps that simply are not around anymore. To think about how humans made maps just using their vision and best approximations of everything is amazing. Technology has ruined this art, but proves how well humans can use their minds. The stories in the book are very interesting, imagine if they had today's mining equipment how much more they could have recovered...

Additionally, I picked up "Nome: The City of Golden Beaches" book, "Alaska's First Free Mail Delivery" (also about Nome, talk about having it ROUGH, mail back then was impossible to case and deliver!) and a tad above one gram of gold nuggets dredged from the Bering Sea floor by a miner in Nome :D

FiorinaFury161

Just ordered an original 1984 Shonen Jump Issue#14, which is the first appearance of the legendary anime/manga Kimagure Orange Road! While I can not read it (written in Japanese), having a copy is great for the KOR collection! For those unbeknowst, KOR original merchandise from the 80s is very hard to find.

Also ordered an Edmonton Oilers draft day hat for the hat collection.

Corporal Hicks

Just brought this set of Aliens Series #1 from board member Yautja:

I've been meaning to get a hold of these for ages so I'm pretty excited!

Also brought this for the AvP Miniature Game - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002EIW3Q0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

PVTDukeMorrison

Izhevsk made Mosin Nagant M91/30, dated 1943. I hate cosmoline.

Corporal Hicks

Have you got many guns?

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2015, 01:09:30 PM
Just brought this set of Aliens Series #1 from board member Yautja:

I've been meaning to get a hold of these for ages so I'm pretty excited!

Also brought this for the AvP Miniature Game - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002EIW3Q0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Man I just flashed back to my youth ... seeing a few of those comics just OUT OF NOWHERE in a hole in the wall bookstore. The books that put Dark Horse on the Map. Back when Black and White comics were cool. How much do those go for these days?

Corporal Hicks

Yautja sold them to me for £25. Typically going for £30ish.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 29, 2015, 07:10:55 AM
Have you got many guns?
A no.4 mk1 Lee Enfield, a Turkish Mauser, a German Kar98k dated 1942, a Remington 870 express, and a dominion arms 1887 for the sole purpose of Terminator 2 style flipcocking

FiorinaFury161

Alien3 screen used Prisoner vest :D

watch for another rare purchase very soon...

Novak 1334

A bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label, twenty Marlboro Reds, a copy of the Dark Knight Returns, Clerks, Clerks 2, Locke, Drive, Only God Forgives and a box of beef space raiders... Cue a day off sitting around in my underwear, stroking my beard and contemplating life's eternal mysteries

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed