Possible Alien3 Tie-In?

Started by Ash 937, Jun 01, 2011, 11:55:39 PM

Author
Possible Alien3 Tie-In? (Read 6,597 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 03, 2011, 05:29:01 AM
Im betting they explain everything and it ties up all the loose ends. My bud and I were watching the trailer and we both just thought, "Why wasn't THIS story the 4th movie?"

You do realize that you are suggesting that a whole film be built around a video game trailer, right?

I think A:CM will still have a bunch of plot holes though...but here's my treatment of what might work for an "in-between" film.

Start with Weyland Yutani Science Unit dropping down near the derelict to collect egg samples while all hell is breaking loose with Ripley's marines at Hadley's Hope.  A few xenomorph fights of their own break out in the derelict. The remaining Science Unit members can then escape before the "Nebraska Explosion" and intercept the Sulaco after Ripley, Newt, and Hicks a asleep in their cryotubes.  They can then plant the eggs and sabotage the survivors and allow chaos to ensue on the Sulaco.  Only catch is the remaining Science Unit officers die in the process after facehuggers get loose.  With no one left to tell the tale, the company is left scratching their heads about exactly what happened until Ripley makes contact with them from Fury 161 in the middle of Alien3.

How's that?

Nightlord

Nightlord

I was just reading through the Colonial marines technical manual and I think that the weyland-yutani account at the end of it could be essentially the prologue for this game and might explain how there are aliens still running around on Lv-426.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jun 03, 2011, 08:20:24 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 03, 2011, 05:29:01 AM
Im betting they explain everything and it ties up all the loose ends. My bud and I were watching the trailer and we both just thought, "Why wasn't THIS story the 4th movie?"

You do realize that you are suggesting that a whole film be built around a video game trailer, right?

I think A:CM will still have a bunch of plot holes though...but here's my treatment of what might work for an "in-between" film.

Start with Weyland Yutani Science Unit dropping down near the derelict to collect egg samples while all hell is breaking loose with Ripley's marines at Hadley's Hope.  A few xenomorph fights of their own break out in the derelict. The remaining Science Unit members can then escape before the "Nebraska Explosion" and intercept the Sulaco after Ripley, Newt, and Hicks a asleep in their cryotubes.  They can then plant the eggs and sabotage the survivors and allow chaos to ensue on the Sulaco.  Only catch is the remaining Science Unit officers die in the process after facehuggers get loose.  With no one left to tell the tale, the company is left scratching their heads about exactly what happened until Ripley makes contact with them from Fury 161 in the middle of Alien3.

How's that?

Thats not bad at all. It would sort of bother me each time I am watching ALIENS though to think that that could potentially be happening while Ripley and friends are at the colony.

chupacabras acheronsis

so you're saying this: the Patna intercepted the Sulaco shortly after the and stablished a foward operations post in it without knowing Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishops were in it, they went down to the derelict and brought eggs on board, they got out of hand and the Sulaco went FUBAR, in the chaos the pods got ejected, they undocked  to keep the Patna safe and abandoned the Sulaco, then headed home until they received the Message from Fury 161 and redirected there when they found out the aliens might had escaped.

is that what you're saying?

bobby brown

bobby brown

sounds feasible...

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 03, 2011, 10:43:45 PM
so you're saying this: the Patna intercepted the Sulaco shortly after the and stablished a foward operations post in it without knowing Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishops were in it, they went down to the derelict and brought eggs on board, they got out of hand and the Sulaco went FUBAR, in the chaos the pods got ejected, they undocked  to keep the Patna safe and abandoned the Sulaco, then headed home until they received the Message from Fury 161 and redirected there when they found out the aliens might had escaped.

is that what you're saying?

I think Ash was suggesting that they were aware of Newt, Hicks, Ripley and Bishop and were setting up to use them until things got messy.

chupacabras acheronsis

then why let them get launched off? wouldn't they try to use Ripley and Newt as host like Burke wanted?

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 04, 2011, 12:18:58 AM
then why let them get launched off? wouldn't they try to use Ripley and Newt as host like Burke wanted?

Maybe they were hoping that the Alien Queen would hatch create more eggs - more aliens - MOAR MONEY!

chupacabras acheronsis

they had no idea it could even be a queen.

they know even less than us about how aliens work.

Xhan

Xhan

A:CM takes place after A3, and that has never changed. There will be no 161, and that's from ZaFord and AdamF.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 04, 2011, 12:18:58 AM

They didn't mean to. According to Ash's idea of what happened, some of the Xenos escape and overwhelm them, then ALIEN 3 happens, then A:CM happens.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

From the initial script of AvP (2004), I remember the Queen escaped the pyramids and went towards the surface through the tunnel, with a few Aliens including Grid.
In the actual movie, she escapes first (noticed by Ms. Woods), while the Aliens followed her but found Scar and Ms. Woods in the way.

So, could it be that a few Aliens might have come with the Alien Queen in Aliens, for her protection?

But then, obviously, this statement falls flat, since the Queen was fighting Ripley and was thrown out of the air-lock while the Alien 'guards' were supposedly planting eggs around Sulaco, instead of helping her.

However, I personally think that Ash 937, has nailed it.  :)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Jun 04, 2011, 07:31:02 PM

However, I personally think that Ash 937, has nailed it.  :)

Thanks, dude!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed