Worth getting Alien Omnibus? (Novels)

Started by Space_Dementia, May 20, 2011, 05:21:50 PM

Author
Worth getting Alien Omnibus? (Novels) (Read 1,150 times)

Space_Dementia

Isit worth getting the Alien Omnibus that includes Alien, Aliens and Alien 3?

Im making my way through the Alien novels atm, its roughly next on my list...but jiust woundered if there was point, e.g. the Phantom Menace novel was actually better than the movie as it gave more depth to the movie...

SiL

SiL

The Alien and Alien³ novels are excellent and well worth getting the omnibus for. The Aliens novel is kind'a weak, not because of any failing on ADF's part, but because the publisher made him tone the swearing down -- "Get away from her you bitch" is now "Get away from her, you." But they're all well-written and the first and third novel add quite a bit of neat details. I'd say Alien's adaptation is the best of the lot.

predxeno

The novelizations of the films by ADF were awesome!!  As his writing always is. ;D

Corporal Hicks

I found Alien difficult to get into one a recent re-read. I dunno...felt like it shifted around a lot without telling the reader. Moving from perspective to perspective.

Space_Dementia

Thanks people, think I deffo make it a purchase.

Vulhala

I recently got a brand new copy from Amazon for £2. You can pick it up for next to f**k all now.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 21, 2011, 10:07:00 AM
I found Alien difficult to get into one a recent re-read. I dunno...felt like it shifted around a lot without telling the reader. Moving from perspective to perspective.

Didn't care for that at all.

9th_Stew

currently reading the omnibus atm - so far i finished Alien and it fleshes out the characters well also adding extra sub plots too. I have to agree about Aliens that without the swearing it doesnt have the same edge but i just add those words in as i read. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed