what is the homeworld of the predators

Started by dandan, Apr 20, 2011, 05:07:28 PM

Author
what is the homeworld of the predators (Read 3,403 times)

dandan

what is the homeworld of the predators called ?

Sharp Sticks

Jamaica.

predxeno

We don't know anything about the home planet of the Predators except for what we've seen in AVPR; it has 2 suns, 2 rings, and is very hot.

The Necronoir

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 20, 2011, 05:30:49 PM
We don't know anything about the home planet of the Predators except for what we've seen in AVPR; it has 2 suns, 2 rings, and is very hot.

And you call yourself a fan of the EU! What about the comic series actually called Predator: Homeworld, which suggests that the species actually evolved here on earth before migrating out into the stars.

In terms of the films, though, we really have no idea. Nothing in AVP-R suggests that the planet shown is necessarily their home world. In fact, if it were I find it hard to believe that the predator would set off for earth alone. He probably happened to be one of a few predators on the closest outpost world.

predxeno

Quote from: The Necronoir on Apr 21, 2011, 02:43:38 AM
And you call yourself a fan of the EU! What about the comic series actually called Predator: Homeworld, which suggests that the species actually evolved here on earth before migrating out into the stars.

Is that the comic where the elder Predator hunts 3 Bad Bloods on Earth?  I thought all that talk about Predators originating here was purely speculative and hypothetical.  There's no evidence anywhere in the comic that validates those theories.

samoht

Sharp Sticks

Don 'stand you, mon, but we mus move by Jah Love, each one.

dandan

i fought planet in Predators was their home world but we obviously don't know the name of it.

samoht

Its a game reserve.

predxeno

It was originally going to be their homeworld, but the producers changed it.

BISHOP 93

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 20, 2011, 05:30:49 PM

ive never read that deffinately wouldnt like to see that become cannon dont like the thought of an alien hunter originating from earth takes away some of the mystery for me

predxeno

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 21, 2011, 02:47:16 AM

Is that the comic where the elder Predator hunts 3 Bad Bloods on Earth?  I thought all that talk about Predators originating here was purely speculative and hypothetical.  There's no evidence anywhere in the comic that validates those theories.

samoht

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 21, 2011, 03:36:22 PM
It was originally going to be their homeworld, but the producers changed it.

Yes. It is a game reserve.

Space Jockey 426

Gosutoraida

I didn't like the Predator homeworld in AVP:R. The fact that Predators are more suited for a jungle than a hot and humid planet. Something kind of like the game preserve from Predators. Something like Avatar, of course, less fantasy and more realism.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed