The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,105 times)

Biomechanoid

Game of Thrones (TV Series)
Season 8, Episode 6 The Iron Throne (2019)

Rating Votes
10 - 16.8% - 17,085
9 -   4.7% - 4,828
8 -   5.1% - 5,172
7 -   4.6% - 4,709
6 -   4.2% - 4,223
5 -   5.3% - 5,429
4 -   4.7% - 4,756
3 -   5.6% - 5,728
2 -   6.2% - 6,329
1 -   42.7% - 43,446

The Old One

The Old One

Lmao

Voodoo Magic

The Old One

The Old One

Seen it.

Naginata

Naginata

Spoiler
I always figured they were screwed once the show passed the books, and the butterfly effect of small changes came back to bite them big-time when they tried to railroad characters into certain endings this season. Having said that... I actually liked the finale. In spite of the logistical problems (how is Bran gonna be King, why on Earth is Bronn on the small council, etc.), I thought the acting and character moments made up for it.

Dinklage was on FIRE.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Everyone else's work on the show is/was superb.
But writing is always first and foremost and the writing failed it, and for a show that gained traction to begin with because of superb writing.

I can't think of a more unfitting fate.
I hope "Cosmonaut Variety Hour" is correct, and we receive
"A Song of Ice and Fire"
in ten years.

SM

SM

Quote from: Naginata on May 21, 2019, 12:34:23 AM
Spoiler
I always figured they were screwed once the show passed the books, and the butterfly effect of small changes came back to bite them big-time when they tried to railroad characters into certain endings this season. Having said that... I actually liked the finale. In spite of the logistical problems (how is Bran gonna be King, why on Earth is Bronn on the small council, etc.), I thought the acting and character moments made up for it.

Dinklage was on FIRE.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2019, 08:51:08 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2019, 04:51:11 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 20, 2019, 04:23:33 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2019, 04:10:35 PM
#Whinge

Fans who didn't care for it?

Not caring for it is fine.  The widespread histrionic overreaction is a bit silly though.

It makes you wonder how some people would react if something actually bad happened, rather than a bit of make believe on the telly.

Ignore or deny it and retreat into escapist fiction?

SM

SM

Which inevitably disappoints them.

The Old One

The Old One

You know, society!
LOTR, The Witcher or MLP never eventually disappointed myself.

Local Trouble

What about the ending of Mass Effect 3?

The Old One

The Old One

Off topic, as we've discussed it before, but as you wish:
Yes, the original Mass Effect Trilogy ending disappointed, but because everything else was really good, it wasn't quite the sting. Especially when the "Extended Cut" and Leviathan released and recontextualised the ending, and added more variation. When it was revealed to be the case that Casey Hudson and Mac Walters sat in a room alone without outside input and decided the ending, it's obvious in hindsight.

Then Citadel released and it's a proper send off, so the end is still completely divorced from the rest of the narrative thematically but it's tolerable. Mainly because of those three DLCs.

Local Trouble

Sounds like GoT could use some DLC.

KiramidHead

And in a few years, GoT: Andromeda.

Local Trouble

Andromeda = whatever's west of Westeros

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed