The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 470,970 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Hopefully they'll go over it again for the home release if so many folk are bothered by it. Watchers on the Wall was a night battle and was perfectly legible.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Who knew Thanos was in GoT all along. :P

KiramidHead

GoT: Requiem ;D

Voodoo Magic

LastSonofKrypton

The Old One

The Old One

Ramin Djawadi's the man.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I'd actually wondered at the time if that track was a stripped-down instrumental cover of a popular song, it has a similar vibe to what he does on Westworld.

JokersWarPig

I didn't have a problem with seeing any of the episode...

Spoiler
I thought the episode was great, one of my favorite things about it was the montage with the piano music. Tone was great, action was great, for the most part it was great. The Night King smirking after being hit with Dragons fire was also great.

I did have a few issues with it though. I do wish this hadn't been the third episode. The Night King and the White Walkers were built up to be this huge threat...to just be wiped out in their first battle. I would have proffered if this had been one of the last episodes and if there was a few smaller battles leading up to it.
I think a few more main characters should have died (that reason kind of adds to my problems with it being Ep3)
I wanted to see John and the Night King actually have a one on one fight, Aarya still can have the kill, but I've wanted that fight since Hardhome and I feel a bit cheated.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

The inevitable review.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Vertigo on May 02, 2019, 02:46:43 PMI'd actually wondered at the time if that track was a stripped-down instrumental cover of a popular song, it has a similar vibe to what he does on Westworld.

Just how similar it was to Westworld really took me out of the moment.

The Old One

The Old One

Spoiler
Season 1 of Westworld is incredible, but afterwards? Nothing worthwhile.
[close]
I don't remember anything musically similar featured in S1 of Westworld.

Shasvre

Shasvre

It instantly reminded me of the intro to Westworld. I haven't compared them, but that was my immediate thought when the score started in GoT.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Shasvre on May 02, 2019, 04:25:32 PM
Quote from: Vertigo on May 02, 2019, 02:46:43 PMI'd actually wondered at the time if that track was a stripped-down instrumental cover of a popular song, it has a similar vibe to what he does on Westworld.

Just how similar it was to Westworld really took me out of the moment.

Same.

Voodoo Magic

Did it look like to anyone that Jon Snow was just going to let the walker dragon kill him at the end? It looked like Jon was just giving up, didn't even try stabbing it with dragon glass, and would have died if it wasn't the timely act by Arya.

Local Trouble

Aren't Targaryens fireproof?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed