The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,201 times)

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Castiel on Jun 14, 2014, 10:31:01 AM
Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 13, 2014, 03:48:59 PMHaving giants on your side is still pretty good.

Makes me wish they would have sung "Last of the Giants". :'(

I really want to hear the Dornishman's wife...

Sadogoat

Sadogoat

I'm feeling a bit bummed out over tomorrow's episode since one of my favorite characters will be leaving the show.....

Book spoilers!
I anticipate that The Hound will finally succumb to his neck wound so Arya can set off for Braavos. That said, his "demise" has long been ambiguous as the books imply that he survived and was spotted by Brienne in A Feast For Crows.
[close]

....and aside from that, the appearance of a certain crossbow in the promotional trailer clearly indicates that....

Book spoilers!
Tyrion will take revenge on both Shae and Tywin.
[close]

Master

Master

Quote from: Sadogoat on Jun 14, 2014, 01:31:22 PM
I'm feeling a bit bummed out over tomorrow's episode since one of my favorite characters will be leaving the show.....

Spoiler
I anticipate that The Hound will finally succumb to his neck wound so Arya can set off for Braavos. That said, his "demise" has long been ambiguous as the books imply that he survived and was spotted by Brienne in A Feast For Crows.
[close]

....and aside from that, the appearance of a certain crossbow in the promotional trailer clearly indicates that....

Spoiler
Tyrion will take revenge on both Shae and Tywin.
[close]

Man do you know what means Mark Your f**king Book Spoilers?

Sadogoat

Sadogoat

So you're complaining because you chose to read things I did deliberately mark as spoilers?

Master

Master

You know what means general fims/movie discussion? Small hint it`s not about books. If you want to post book spoilers, then mark them as such.

Sadogoat

Sadogoat

LOL? Egocentric? Did you just grab that out of thin air or something since you know basically nothing about me?

What else did you expect to see for a spoiler for tomorrow night's episode? You chose to click on it - your problem. You may now continue crying and throwing insults.

Master

Master

I expected to see conclusions based on earlier episodes. Not discription what will happen next taken form the book.

I`m done talking with you, next time you`ll spoil me upcoming episodes I`ll report it to stuff.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Chill out Master, it's not like he made you eat your parents.

To be fair, people often use spoiler tags when discussing the previous episode, for those who haven't gotten round to watching it yet (which I'm certainly grateful for, we get the episodes a day later here). If I'm up to date, I generally read everything unless there's a warning.

You can add clarification of what a spoiler is by using spoiler=blahblah as the tag.
Blah and also blah
...For example.
[close]

Sadogoat

Sadogoat

Fair enough Vertigo and duly noted. If Master had responded similarly without insults and f-bombs, I'd have been more inclined to take that under advisement. Thanks for the clarification (and fixed earlier posts).

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

don't let the man get you down Sado.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Spoiler tags mean click at your own risk. If you decided to click and aren't happy with what you discover, blame yourself.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: coolbreeze on Jun 14, 2014, 06:46:54 PM
Spoiler tags mean click at your own risk. If you decided to click and aren't happy with what you discover, blame yourself.
How are we supposed to know if it's a spoiler from the tv show or the books? This thread is kind of the exception when it comes to spoilers. People have been marking book spoilers for a while now.

Sadogoat

Sadogoat

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 14, 2014, 06:49:49 PM
This thread is kind of the exception when it comes to spoilers. People have been marking book spoilers for a while now.

That's fair enough but today was the first time I've posted in this thread and I wasn't planning on reading through the previous 217 pages of posts to get caught up :P

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I know, I'm sure you didn't know so you're alright with me. People just really hate spoilers so it's not really surprising if somebody reacted that negatively to you.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 14, 2014, 06:49:49 PM
Quote from: coolbreeze on Jun 14, 2014, 06:46:54 PM
How are we supposed to know if it's a spoiler from the tv show or the books? This thread is kind of the exception when it comes to spoilers. People have been marking book spoilers for a while now.

Exactly. Most shows, if you're caught up in the show clicking spoilers is no worry since the storyline only proceeds with each new episode. But with GoT you can be caught up in the show but people can still ruin events from the books. So because of this, book spoilers should be marked at all times in this thread. Since this thread is for the show, not the books.

It sucks because most of the time I decide to just read the books and THEN watch the show/movie, but this time I didn't do that and it's sort of backfiring on me  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed