The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,090 times)

Vakarian

Vakarian

I'm just saying it was an awesome way to die, not as brutal as that hammer scene though... 8)

Master

Master

Exactly! 10 points for style. Damn I love those f**king Gigants ;D

MudButt

MudButt

Pretty much I'd prefer that to any other death that's ever been on GoT.

First Blood

First Blood

Didn't the Hound cut someone in half the long way at the Battle of Blackwater? :laugh:

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 09, 2014, 06:35:20 PM
Didn't the Hound cut someone in half the long way at the Battle of Blackwater? :laugh:

Yes, my goodness. That man is something else.

BOOK SPOILERS

Spoiler
I'm assuming this wound that is bugging him is the wound that ends up infecting him and being the reason Arya leaves him for Bravos?
[close]

Vakarian

Vakarian

It was more diagonal than straight down the middle if I remember correctly. Still a bad way to go.  :laugh:

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 09, 2014, 06:37:12 PM

Yes, my goodness. That man is something else.

BOOK SPOILERS

Spoiler
I'm assuming this wound that is bugging him is the wound that ends up infecting him and being the reason Arya leaves him for Bravos?
[close]

Same.
Spoiler
Guess it's a bite on his shoulder than a cut on his thigh.
[close]

The Hound also cut two people in half in Blackwater.

(Can't find the diagonal one.)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Great episode. Saddened about a few things, surprised by a couple omissions. Can't wait for next week.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Superb episode. Better than Blackwater? Will need multiple viewing to decide.

Actually yes it was.

Eva

Eva

Gonna watch it in 30 mins or so....!

I fear things don't bode well in this one for the ones kissed by fire...

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

..........fear not.  :D

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Master on Jun 09, 2014, 03:11:24 PM
To be honest I was thinking where are their bows and crossbows? Serously, they knew they`ll fight a gigant.

Spoiler
There's a line earlier (or maybe it was during that scene?) that they peppered the guy with twenty arrows and he was still standing. It took a bloody great big harpoon shot from a 700-foot height to bring down the other one.
Reckon they'd have stood a better chance with pikes, though. It'd work the same way as defending against a cavalry charge, using the attacker's incoming force to impale themselves on your weapons.
[close]

The next episode's title has piqued my interest - "The Children"? I'm not a book reader, so without going into any particularly spoilery depth, is this a reference to the Children of the Forest?

Master

Master

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 09, 2014, 11:08:22 PM
Quote from: Master on Jun 09, 2014, 03:11:24 PM
To be honest I was thinking where are their bows and crossbows? Serously, they knew they`ll fight a gigant.

Spoiler
There's a line earlier (or maybe it was during that scene?) that they peppered the guy with twenty arrows and he was still standing. It took a bloody great big harpoon shot from a 700-foot height to bring down the other one.
Reckon they'd have stood a better chance with pikes, though. It'd work the same way as defending against a cavalry charge, using the attacker's incoming force to impale themselves on your weapons.
[close]

The next episode's title has piqued my interest - "The Children"? I'm not a book reader, so without going into any particularly spoilery depth, is this a reference to the Children of the Forest?

Spoiler
I know the line you are talking about. Pikes are good idea, I was thinking about them as well. Still, some arrows wouldn`t hurt, especialy shoot from close range, when you can aim at such places like eyes or mouth.
[close]

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Master on Jun 09, 2014, 04:43:47 PM
Oh and people, pretty please tag every f**king book spoiler! Thanks!

FO REALS! PLEASE  :'(

Just read two untagged book spoilers thar ruin some things I wouldn't have have expected  :'(

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
RIP Grenn and Pyp.
[close]

BOOK SPOILERS

Spoiler
Luckily they live on in the books.  They seem to be switching people for incidental characters to.  There was a former badass in the book that was taken from house baratheon and made a steward I think because he lost an arm that kills the giant trying to come through the tunnel.  Grenn takes his place.
[close]

Still good shit though.  I just wonder what they will do if any of the incidental characters start getting their own chapters in later books. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed