The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,315 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Eva on Jun 03, 2014, 07:21:07 PM
Littlefinger is one seriously cool and calculating motherf..... I know that 'The Viper' is a reference to Prince Oberyn, but the real venomous snake in this story is Baelish.

Indeed he is. That's another character I love and will go completely insane if they kill him.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If Littlefinger ever goes, I'm sure we'll have a replacement in Sansa. ;)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 03, 2014, 08:48:34 PM

Yeah, I'm up for that...! :)

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 03, 2014, 08:42:30 PM
Quote from: Eva on Jun 03, 2014, 07:21:07 PM
Littlefinger is one seriously cool and calculating motherf..... I know that 'The Viper' is a reference to Prince Oberyn, but the real venomous snake in this story is Baelish.

Indeed he is. That's another character I love and will go completely insane if they kill him.

Yeah... I loved him just sitting there, gazing at Sansa while she told her 'version' of what had happened. She could have ended him right there if she wanted to and he knows it and still - not the slightest expression on his face. Geez, this guy....! :-X

First Blood

First Blood

One does not simply replace Peter Baelish.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Eva on Jun 03, 2014, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 03, 2014, 08:48:34 PM

Yeah, I'm up for that...! :)

She's definitely entering the game, and I cannot wait to see just how she plays it in comparison to those around her.

Slight A Feast For Crows spoilers:

Spoiler
She's kind of Littlefinger's puppet in the fourth book, but also clearly has intentions of her own. Unfortunately she doesn't have very much to do (she's only in three chapters, I believe) so I think the show is going to surpass her book story very quickly next year.

Martin already made mention of writing a "controversial" Sansa chapter for The Winds of Winter. Violence and death are hardly controversial in this series at this point, so I'm thinking that, whatever it is, it has to do with a choice that Sansa herself makes. Could she potentially be set up as a villain?

She is, after all, the only Stark that doesn't have a living wolf, which I'm sure means something. Martin killed Lady off early on, so he must have had some plot point in relation to that planned out from the very beginning.
[close]

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 03, 2014, 08:56:05 PM[Sansa] is, after all, the only Stark that doesn't have a living wolf, which I'm sure means something. Martin killed Lady off early on, so he must have had some plot point in relation to that planned out from the very beginning.

I thought it was a more immediate foreshadowing, that she's about to be swallowed up by injustice with nothing/no-one to protect her.
Maybe that she had to turn her back on being a Stark, too.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Spoiler
He does, in more ways than one.

Still retarded. :laugh: Much more fitting as Paul W.S. Andersons Game of Thrones Kombat!
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Game of Thrones' Alfie Allen Talks to Vulture About Character Portrayal, Pranks And BTS Camarederie.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=101238#GwS4KaW1mOvkkGlO.99

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 03, 2014, 04:20:36 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 03, 2014, 05:04:00 AM
It would help to have some wins in the series. 

There may be one or two upcoming but they are far outweighed by losses.  The series does suffer from so much negative shit happening that it becomes distracting.  It does eventually feel like Martin is constantly maiming, torturing, defeating, killing his characters to f**k with his audience.

That's kinda how I feel. Tired of seeing characters I've come to like or love get brutalized.

However, if there are any good guy characters left at the end of the series to turn the tide then it will be amaze after six previous books of being shat upon. 

ShadowPred

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Haha, he just beat my max deadlift by over 3 times. 

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Yeah, I can easily see him crushing a skull in real life.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Spoiler
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

God I hate Cersei so much. :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 04, 2014, 10:32:00 PM
God I hate Cersei so much. :P

Do you want Karl Urban to chuck her out a window again?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed