The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,131 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Gottlieb from Pacific Rim is such a prick. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ha, I knew he looked familiar :D

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

So that's how

Spoiler
White Walker's are born.
[close]

:o

Great episode.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 28, 2014, 02:21:26 AM
Gottlieb from Pacific Rim is such a prick. :laugh:

Oh shit I knew he was super familiar!!!

Oathkeeper  8)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Spoiler
Am I the only one excited for the Podrick and Brienne partnership?  ;D
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 28, 2014, 05:12:08 AM
Spoiler
Am I the only one excited for the Podrick and Brienne partnership?  ;D
[close]

Nope, I am as well.

Anyways, the ending of the episode keeps replaying in my head. Great stuff.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 28, 2014, 04:50:07 AM
So that's how

Spoiler
White Walker's are born.
[close]

:o

Great episode.

Can somebody who is more ahead with the books tell me if Martin has actually written that in his books? Or did the Writers create this totally out of the blue? Are we witnessing the first signs of the series being ahead of the book?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

It's not from the book.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

But the series is not ahead of the book either.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It's going places the books have yet to explore, though.

Basically, everything that happened in the North this episode was new to the show.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yup. I almost get the impression that something similar the end of the episode would serve as an excellent prologue to the next book.

Spoiler
Mostly because I just really want at least one chapter from the POV of an Other (or a White Walker, for the people who solely watch the show).
[close]

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Thanks for the info. So in the book there is no mention of

Spoiler
the guy who makes babies into white walkers?
[close]

If that is the case... I wonder if Martin is going to consider this fellow as "canon" for his books.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
The whitewalkers take babies in the book but you don't know exactly what for.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Tangakkai on Apr 28, 2014, 07:49:07 PM
Thanks for the info. So in the book there is no mention of

Spoiler
the guy who makes babies into white walkers?
[close]

If that is the case... I wonder if Martin is going to consider this fellow as "canon" for his books.

Like Kimarhi said
Spoiler
the White Walker taking a baby from Craster as seen in season two is straight from the book, so in the world of the books we already know that the Walkers take babies for something.

I doubt that the scene that we saw last night is going to show up beat by beat in a book (Craster's keep is well in the past at this point, and I don't see them revisiting it) but I definitely believe that it is something that the Walkers can do.The show deviates from the books, sure, but they wouldn't outright contradict what the White Walkers can and can't do like that. The information had to come directly from Martin, but I'd expect him to play coy on it until after the release of TWoW (which he already promised will take us farther beyond the Wall than we've ever been before).

I'm wondering if the horned Walker is going to be an actual character in the books, or if that is just something the show did to help differentiate them a bit. The horns are a bit evocative of a crown, which has me thinking about the possibility of the Great Other.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Yeah, I am sure the producers are working with Martin on this. They wouldn't outright contradict or set stuff up without this approval. Such as the scene with the White Walker and baby last night. There's a good chance they went to him first about that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed