The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,115 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 14, 2014, 08:14:04 PM
Spoiler
Isn't he supposed to be on his way to Harrenhal?
[close]

Yup.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Spoiler
Seriously nobody is discussing what killed Jeoffery?
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Well, as someone who read the books I already know. I'm going to keep quiet, though, so that the show viewers can have fun figuring it out with the characters. :)
[close]

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 14, 2014, 09:24:47 PM
Spoiler
Well, as someone who read the books I already know. I'm going to keep quiet, though, so that the show viewers can have fun figuring it out with the characters. :)
[close]

Spoiler
I know it has something to do with the trinket Sansa got, well more a hunch but I don't understand exactly how it works.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Well...

[POTENTIAL BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
What killed him seemed pretty obvious, even in this episode. As to who killed him, we don't know. My money is still on the Tyrell family.
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Simply superb.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 14, 2014, 09:28:16 PM
Well...

Spoiler
What killed him seemed pretty obvious, even in this episode. As to who killed him, we don't know. My money is still on the Tyrell family.
[close]

Book spoilers (up to and including ADWD).

Spoiler
I'm leaning towards Littlefinger myself. Makes the most sense, what with him wanting to seize power through chaos and all. What better way to create chaos than to destabilize the currently ruling family? Sorta like how he plotted the chain of events leading to the War of the Five Kings.
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 14, 2014, 10:32:06 PM
Well...

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I'm leaning towards Littlefinger myself. Makes the most sense, what with him wanting to seize power through chaos and all. What better way to create chaos than to destabilize the currently ruling family? Sorta like how he plotted the chain of events leading to the War of the Five Kings.
[close]

Ditto.

Spoiler
Plus getting his hands on Sansa.
[close]

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

oh god the spoilers

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
I'd always leaned toward the Tyrells at first because they didn't want their grandchild to be wed to Joffrey.  BUT now I lean toward Varys as hes trying to destabilize the ruling houses for the Targaryen return.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well...

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

More major book spoilers.

Spoiler
Honestly, I think you're both right. It seems to have been a plot by both Littlefinger and the Tyrells, and acted out by Olenna.

Ser Dontos, working for Littlefinger, gave Sansa the headband/necklace. Olenna takes the bead and uses it to poison Joffrey, so that Sansa will have to flee the city with Dontos. Dontos takes her to Littlefinger, who in turn takes her to the Eyrie.

The Tyrells are clearly trying to out-Lannister the Lannisters (and are doing a damn good job), and Littlefinger seems to have seen that as an opportunity to pit the two families against each other to buy him some time to enact his plans for Sansa.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
Makes more sense.  Its been so long since I've actually read Storm that I had totally forgot about Dontos and what happens to him in the future.
[close]

xeno-kaname

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 14, 2014, 11:52:55 PM
Well...

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

More major book spoilers.

Spoiler
Honestly, I think you're both right. It seems to have been a plot by both Littlefinger and the Tyrells, and acted out by Olenna.

Ser Dontos, working for Littlefinger, gave Sansa the headband/necklace. Olenna takes the bead and uses it to poison Joffrey, so that Sansa will have to flee the city with Dontos. Dontos takes her to Littlefinger, who in turn takes her to the Eyrie.

The Tyrells are clearly trying to out-Lannister the Lannisters (and are doing a damn good job), and Littlefinger seems to have seen that as an opportunity to pit the two families against each other to buy him some time to enact his plans for Sansa.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, upon thinking about it, that makes sense. I think Littlefinger was involved for sure, but there's a good chance he could've been working with the Tyrells.
[close]

Magegg

Magegg

Finally caught up with the first two episodes from Season 4.

Episode 4x1 was a big "f**k yeah" moment for me, and yes, I'm referring to that fight scene in the end. I'm hugely disappointed by Daaro Naharis recast:

New guy is generic as a brick :/

About episode 4x2.
Spoiler
OK, I knew something bad was going to happen; there's no way to escape from a spoiler in social media; and I mean, a spoiler that there's going to be a spoiler. Wedding brings no good on this universe XD

Whatever, I thought it was going to be a big slaughter by Oberyn's family or something equally terrible. I was afraid Lady Marguerie would die :/

When this big "lion" toy entered, I thought Tyrion's whore was going to be inside and she was going to be brutally executed or something.

When the "war" reenactment begun, I thought Joffrey was going to do something really nasty to those little midgets D:

However, the thing turned out good, as ONLY Joffrey died. I'm glad Marguerie didn't eat of that pie :)

I still fear for Tyrion and the others, and think no good can come from Oberyn, probably much more death head (hell, OF COURSE much more death ahead). But at least Joffrey died first :)

Oh, and I loved the song in the end. Very touching :__(
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed