The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,085 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

All I know is this episode was the most Davos we've seen this season. That alone is enough to make it excellent in my books.

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 12, 2013, 03:47:11 AM
Quote from: m41guy on Jun 12, 2013, 02:20:15 AM
With Sam meeting Bran and showing him the tunnel in the Night Fort, I was hoping it was going to end with
Spoiler
Bran meeting Coldhands
[close]
That would have worked. I was disappointed that
Spoiler
they set him up in episode 8, and then Sam resumed his wandering in episode 9 as though the tornado of crows never happened.
[close]

Quoteits that
Spoiler
it will be Talisa as LS instead of Catlyn.  Especially if she is going to do another show.  I'm hoping they will end season 4 with her introduction and in that case it's still very possible since it would be one scene and thereafter she is mostly a background character
[close]
Spoiler
Undead Talisa won't happen. Sounds like the kind of book-reader scaremongering you see at other forums. Same folk predicted they wouldn't kill Ned, then predicted they wouldn't kill Robb, or would keep Talisa alive, et cetera. Furthermore, Conleth Hill, who plays Varys, also had a role in the show that Michelle Fairley has been cast in, and his role is reportedly bigger. Yet he still finds time to be in GoT. Coster-Waldeau filmed a couple of movies as well as Thrones last year, and is doing the same now. Ditto for Lena Headey.

Looking at my two-part ASOS paperback, episode ten of season three ended 200 pages into the second volume. There's only 600 pages of ASOS left to adapt. They already covered about 900-1000 pages of it. Looks like we'll get unCat midway through the season, with AFFC and ADWD creeping in at the end, possibly sooner, as they did with Theon this year.

Mostly conjecture. We'll see.
[close]

I agree with you on that stuff.  I know production schedules can be worked around(especially films), so I wasn't too concerned about that. 

I think the ending of ASOS runs concurrent with the beginning(s) of the last two books so that's fine with me.  For those that don't know, the last two books take place during the same time frame, they just center around different characters and regions. 

Like you said, we'll just have to see.

I'm a big fan of the books, BUT I'm not one of the easily outraged ones lol.  The only thing I've honestly been upset about was changing Robb's storyline about taking Casterly Rock instead of trying to reclaim the North before the RW.   

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: m41guy on Jun 12, 2013, 12:09:47 PM
I'm a big fan of the books, BUT I'm not one of the easily outraged ones lol.  The only thing I've honestly been upset about was changing Robb's storyline about taking Casterly Rock instead of trying to reclaim the North before the RW.
Me too, the book fundies just alienate me  :laugh: The change was odd but they did address it (I think it was Robb who said winter was coming: if he sent his people North they'd want to go home and stay there). All of my non-book reader friends genuinely thought Robb was going to Casterly Rock and I had a lot of fun saying, along with my other reader friends, "Oh, the battle at Casterly Rock will be amazing, eh?"  :laugh:

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Just got around to watching the season finale and I thought it was great. It didn't have a very climatic ending like most season finales, but it did set the table for things next season. I really liked it.  :)

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 12, 2013, 02:34:17 PM
Quote from: m41guy on Jun 12, 2013, 12:09:47 PM
Me too, the book fundies just alienate me  :laugh: The change was odd but they did address it (I think it was Robb who said winter was coming: if he sent his people North they'd want to go home and stay there). All of my non-book reader friends genuinely thought Robb was going to Casterly Rock and I had a lot of fun saying, along with my other reader friends, "Oh, the battle at Casterly Rock will be amazing, eh?"  :laugh:

Haha, nice.  I told my wife that Sandor was going to fight for Robb and be the first of his Kingsguard.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 12, 2013, 03:51:23 AM
All I know is this episode was the most Davos we've seen this season. That alone is enough to make it excellent in my books.

Aye.

Cal427eb

Space Sweeper

Cal427eb

Effectz

Cal427eb

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Woke up to this on my friends FB:

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Jun 15, 2013, 02:27:13 AM
Woke up to this on my friends FB:

Even my show-only friends were respectful of spoilers after episode 9 aired. I have some pals who haven't seen it yet.

EEV2650

EEV2650

This is apparently kind of old, but I thought it had some funny moments. I like the awkward poses rolling stone are making Lena Heady and Emilia Clarke do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgwuSuAUPJg#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed