The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 470,859 times)

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: ScardyFox on May 17, 2013, 08:34:13 PM
Sometimes I gt annoyed because the focus is so short on the characters.... but I understand why. Just sometimes I wouldn't mind the whole hour being about Jon and Ygritte.

Yeah me too. I sometimes wonder if it'd be better to have far longer scenes with a small number of characters for one episode then a different small set the next, not seeing teh first set again for an episode or two, for example, Jon and Ygritte for 20-25 mins, then Tyrion for same sort of time, next week episode would be different characters, if you see what I mean.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on May 17, 2013, 08:38:46 PM
Sometimes I gt annoyed because the focus is so short on the characters.... but I understand why. Just sometimes I wouldn't mind the whole hour being about Jon and Ygritte.

Yeah me too. I sometimes wonder if it'd be better to have far longer scenes with a small number of characters for one episode then a different small set the next, not seeing teh first set again for an episode or two, for example, Jon and Ygritte for 20-25 mins, then Tyrion for same sort of time, next week episode would be different characters, if you see what I mean.

That would take even more seasons per book, though. :laugh:

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 18, 2013, 03:40:57 AM
Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on May 17, 2013, 08:38:46 PM

That would take even more seasons per book, though. :laugh:

yeah you're right.... forget the tv show, I'll just re-read the books again.

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on May 18, 2013, 01:31:30 PM

I keep saying this everytime something happens that didn't happen or happened completely differently in the books.  Granted I can't "quote scripture" like some of the fans but I don't like a lot of the changes.  Changes for simplicity I can deal with.  Changing to change with little to no reasoning(or just leaving out events or characters), I have problems with *cough* Northern Lords and Northern storyline in general*cough*.

With that being said, NJW has stolen every scene he has had this season similar to Tyrion since season 1 and I look forward to each episode every week. 

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: m41guy on May 18, 2013, 08:15:41 PM
Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on May 18, 2013, 01:31:30 PM

I keep saying this everytime something happens that didn't happen or happened completely differently in the books.  Granted I can't "quote scripture" like some of the fans but I don't like a lot of the changes.  Changes for simplicity I can deal with.  Changing to change with little to no reasoning(or just leaving out events or characters), I have problems with *cough* Northern Lords and Northern storyline in general*cough*.

With that being said, NJW has stolen every scene he has had this season similar to Tyrion since season 1 and I look forward to each episode every week.

Even though this is probably the best book adaption I've ever seen, the changes do bug me. Obviously things need to change to fit a new platform. The Northern Lords issue is a big concern for me too, upcoming events may well lose some some impact due to this issue. Hopefully that was vague enough not to be a spoiler.
As pointed out to me by KiramidHead my idea wouldn't be feasible because of length of the series but I do find it irritating how we get literally a few minutes with each character(s). It sometimes feels like the story hasn't progressed all that much each episode because of it I feel. I do enjoy the show despite the niggles I have but I personally would rather have the next book now than have the chance to watch all future TV episodes right now.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Tonight we should get
Spoiler
Sam the Slayer and maybe even... Coldhands!
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Valaquen on May 19, 2013, 02:29:30 PM
Tonight we should get
Spoiler
Sam the Slayer and maybe even... Coldhands!
[close]

Spoiler
Aye, it definitely looks like Sam the Slayer's in there. Can't wait for that. 8)

I'm also interested in seeing Daenerys find out about Jorah's betryal and sending him and Barristan on their quest. I wonder if she'll still send Barristan by the way. He came clean and asked for her forgiveness from the very beginning after all. The again, he might go willingly, just to prove his loyalty.
[close]

m41guy

m41guy

Also
Spoiler
Sansa and Tyrion's wedding, not sure if that's much of a spoiler though.  From the "next episode" preview from last week it appears we may get an explanation to the "Reynes/Rains of Castamere" song.  It looked like Cersei was explaining it to someone maybe Sansa?  She mentions, "every man, woman, and child was put to the sword" or something to that effect in the clip.
[close]

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Eva

Eva

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Will Ferrell in GOT... that would be the day...

Vakarian

Vakarian

I'm going to start watching the third season of GOT tonight. Taking a break from Breaking Bad.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Oh god...

Spoiler
...Tyrion is on the path of death.  :'(
[close]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk8RydLg43A#ws

Shasvre

Shasvre

Spoiler
Sam the Slayer 8)
[close]

Now we have to wait two weeks for the next episode. But it's going to be so worth it. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed