The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,019 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Think they will just skip the reek subplot since Ser Rodrik is already dead.

Spoiler
Bronn didn't think he could beat Gregor as Tyrion's champion, I don't recall him ever saying anything about the hound one way or another.   Bronn is a dirty f**ker, and I love him.  When they tried to kill him in the later series by having an accomplished jouster kill him, and then bronn speared his horse and stabbed him as he laid pinned, I never again doubted his gangster.
[close]

I personally think they could do a prequel season to allow some time for george r. r. martin to finish out his books.  Some of the best shit is only mentioned in passing.  The tower of joy, the smiling knight (and the kingswood brotherhood), the war of the usurper, etc.  I'd love to see that stuff actually happen.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

:D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Almost as good as the Batman Begins copy. :laugh:

SpaceMarines

Space Sweeper

Gates

Gates

^^^Lulz...

A little late, I know, so I'll be brief...Blackwater was fantastic..!

Spoiler
Standouts for me in terms of the characters, would have to be Sansa and the Hound...I expected all the characters to do pretty much what they did (aside from the Tyrell's showing up, that is), but I never expected to see the Hound leaving a battle...I understand why, with the fire and all - believe me I'm not hating, he just never struck me as the retreating from a fight type, but I guess that's why I'm really enjoying Martin's vision; not the traditional fantasy opera by any means...and Sansa owned it and it's about damn time...too long have I watched this Stark suffer, her thinly veiled disdain for the Lannisters was refreshing even if it's not much by comparison...it really was one hell-of-an-hour of television...
[close]

So now it's like, what happens to Snow..? Will Daenerys get back what is hers..? Theon, what the f**k..? Ahhhh..! I'm going crazy here...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It still kinda sucks being so far ahead of everybody else in the series.  I know people are now reading the books, but has anybody made it through five yet?

I actually should probably reread the second and third.  The fourth is still somewhat fresh in my head, even though I was somewhat disappointed at the direction it went.  You get so used to the characters in the first three, that the fourth's almost total abandonment of its signature characters is quite a shock.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I've gone through 'em all, man. You aren't alone.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 30, 2012, 01:39:46 AM

I personally think they could do a prequel season to allow some time for george r. r. martin to finish out his books.  Some of the best shit is only mentioned in passing.  The tower of joy, the smiling knight (and the kingswood brotherhood), the war of the usurper, etc.  I'd love to see that stuff actually happen.
I doubt it, I don't think it's been posted but the third series only focuses on half of the third book, which I think corresponds to the uk release, as I know for a fact two of the books are split into two over here, (can't remember which as I only have the audio-books) Now if that is one of the books that have been split into two that means at least 5 more series before they run out, if they follow the uk,or if they are doing it just because it fits and do half a book book per season from here on they have a long while before they run out of linear content.

http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-season-3-4-5-details-aco-160936/Just found the article, well the third is the only one getting split,

Just read back about 10 pages, and found that it had already been posted but you get the point, I think there will be quite enough time as he's already been working on it a while and I don't think hes had the same problems as with 4 and 5

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

I will continuously update this post with casting, episode titles, writers, and directors for Season 3! Last season I got lost with the casting and what-not, so I thought this would be a perfect place to keep track of everything in one place.

Episodes:

S03E01:
S03E02:
S03E03:
S03E04:
S03E05:
S03E06:
S03E07: Autumn Storms
S03E08:
S03E09:
S03E10:

Writers:

S03E01:
S03E02:
S03E03:
S03E04:
S03E05:
S03E06:
S03E07: George R.R. Martin
S03E08:
S03E09:
S03E10:

Directors:

S03E01:
S03E02:
S03E03:
S03E04:
S03E05:
S03E06:
S03E07:
S03E08:
S03E09:
S03E10:

Cast:

Mance Rayder
Daario Naharis
Jojen Reed
Meera Reed
Edmure Tully
Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish)
Lady Selyse Florent
Shireen - Kerry Ingram
Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns)
Beric Dondarrion
Thoros of Myr
Tormund Giantsbane

Shasvre

Shasvre

Beautiful. 8)

scm

scm

Quote from: Stannis Baratheon on Jun 01, 2012, 10:48:26 AM
I will continuously update this post with casting, episode titles, writers, and directors for Season 3! Last season I got lost with the casting and what-not, so I thought this would be a perfect place to keep track of everything in one place.

Episodes:

S03E01:
S03E02:
S03E03:
S03E04:
S03E05:
S03E06:
S03E07: Autumn Storms
S03E08:
S03E09:
S03E10:

Writers:

S03E01:
S03E02:
S03E03:
S03E04:
S03E05:
S03E06:
S03E07: George R.R. Martin
S03E08:
S03E09:
S03E10:

Directors:

S03E01:
S03E02:
S03E03:
S03E04:
S03E05:
S03E06:
S03E07:
S03E08:
S03E09:
S03E10:

Cast:

Mance Rayder
Daario Naharis
Jojen Reed
Meera Reed
Edmure Tully
Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish)
Lady Selyse Florent
Shireen - Kerry Ingram
Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns)
Beric Dondarrion
Thoros of Myr
Tormund Giantsbane
With Martin writing that episode I can kinda guess as to what exactly it is.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Spoiler
I originally had the suspicion that it would be the Red Wedding - but I actually doubt that now. Episode 7 is very early for the Red Wedding. He has stated that Season 3 is the first half of Book 3, and the seed Wedding doesn't happen until about three quarters through the book. However, I think it may include Joffrey's wedding. I'm gonna start reading A Storm of Swords again soon.
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Stannis Baratheon on Jun 03, 2012, 08:48:50 AM
Spoiler
I originally had the suspicion that it would be the Red Wedding - but I actually doubt that now. Episode 7 is very early for the Red Wedding. He has stated that Season 3 is the first half of Book 3, and the seed Wedding doesn't happen until about three quarters through the book. However, I think it may include Joffrey's wedding. I'm gonna start reading A Storm of Swords again soon.
[close]
Spoiler
Joffrey's wedding takes place after the R.W.
[close]

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 03, 2012, 09:00:59 AM
Quote from: Stannis Baratheon on Jun 03, 2012, 08:48:50 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Joffrey's wedding takes place after the R.W.
[close]

Oh haha. I haven't read it since it was released.
Spoiler
And Book 3 is jam-packed with weddings haha. Three of them I seem to remember haha.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed