The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,260 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I read the books so long ago I can't really remember what happened and what didn't.  The only time I feel something is off is when there are characters talking I know didn't have POV chapters in the books.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

In the words of Dexter Morgan: "Tonight's the Night!"

Seriously, I am so excited for the Battle of Blackwater tonight. I read the first four books in 2005, as A Feast for Crows came out - finally bringing this incredible battle to the screen is amazing. 5 hours and counting! :D

First Blood

First Blood

Thoughts...

Spoiler
This episode was fantastic. Where to even begin? First of all, I thought they handled the scene with Stannis' fleet very well. Even without Tyrion's chain, the scene with the wildfire worked. The battle itself was very gory and bloody; quite brutal. As for Lena Headey – she plays her character so well, that one can't help but detest her. That's how I felt. I can't stand the woman. Also during the final battle I couldn't help but have conflicting emotions.

Who's truly good? Who's truly bad? The show passes off those shades of grey so perfectly. At some points, I found myself rooting for Stannis (okay maybe most of the time) but at others I was rooting for Tyrion. The Hound said it perfectly – that everyone's a 'killer' and the world is built by 'killers.'
[close]

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Well, that was awesome.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

By Rodrik's beard, Tyrion has nukes!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 28, 2012, 04:37:23 AM
By Rodrik's beard, Tyrion has nukes!

Just saw that happen.

Badass.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I have no words. The English language simply fails me right now.

Best episode.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

This episode was just beast. I wish it would just have kept going for another hour or two.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I wish I was able to do a review and pin-point all of the f**king amazing things about this episode, but I can't, so I'll just throw a random all caps list at you:

Spoiler
-TYRION
-TYRION'S BEAUTIFULLY UNCONVENTIONAL SPEECH
-"...f**k ME."
-LENA HEADEY
-DAT WILDFIRE
-DEM EFFECTS
-DAT CHOREOGRAPHY
-THE HOUND
-THE HOUND CUTTING PEOPLE IN HALF
-BRONN!!!
-AW f**k IT, IT WAS ALL AMAZING
[close]

Best episode ever. This show just redefined cinematic qualities on TV.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I f**king agree that the episode just had so much awesome in it. It's difficult to even talk about one single thing because I was just going crazy when one badass thing after another was just happening like crazy.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I think the most amazing part was that we witnessed a bit of actual humanity in Joffery. Granted he acted like a sniveling, scared little wuss, but still...

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quick question

Spoiler
Was it the Mountain that tried to kill Tyrion?
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Spoiler
No. Mountain's still up in the Riverlands, I believe. Was a Kingsguard. Forget which one.
[close]

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 28, 2012, 06:47:02 AM
Spoiler
No. Mountain's still up in the Riverlands, I believe. Was a Kingsguard. Forget which one.
[close]

Thank you.

Vepariga

Vepariga

I seriously have no words for this episode..I will let the tears of glory streaming down my face speak for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed